Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 04:32 PM

21 posts, read 191,577 times

Advertisements

Since I am new to the area I would like to attend some of these "rock climbing" events that I have heard so much of. I am almost positive that they have them here in NM.

Is anyone here a member of a 4x4 club that can give me some more information. I no longer have a 4x4 but still enjoy attending events (especially underground ones)

Hope to hear from you 4x4ers out there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 06:51 PM

502 posts, read 1,380,576 times
I'm pretty sure that there is a club in the Albuq. area as well as the Farmington area.
My normal 4X4 site is down right now and has been for several days but it has a wealth of information. Pirate4x4.Com - The largest off roading website in the world.
It is one of the top 20 active forums on the internet as far as number of threads, posts etc. Last time I paid any attention there was well over a million posts.
A word to the wise when it comes back up. Do some reading before you ever post, pay attention to the various forums and make sure you post in the right ones with your comments, questions etc.
Have a VERY thick skin if you are brave enough to post in the general chit chat forum. Be sure to search before you ask a question. Chances are it has been asked before and you may find the answer already posted.
Needless to say they are pretty rough on the new folks LOL
A great bunch of folks but rather tough.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:10 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,403,363 times
Funny...yesterday my son was explaining what this was to someone from NE. He did the rock crawling through his teenage years in Santa Fe--use to have a group of friends that did it. He had a jeep that he cut the top off and added a roll bar. The axles and wheels kept getting bigger (as he earned money.) There was a big event in Moab, UT they would go to every year and they had places in NM--not sure where. He wasn't part of a club.
Moab, Utah Rockcrawling - 4x4, Off-Road Event - Off-Road Magazine

When we moved to WA, the mud thing didn't do much for him so he started rock climbing using his hands and feet and sold his jeep. Good luck finding them -- they are there. He took this picture of his buddies--my son must have been the spotter. Strong kid
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Active in 4x4 Clubs / Events?-img03.jpg  

Old 01-14-2008, 07:56 AM

502 posts, read 1,380,576 times
And the "pirate" site is back up and running.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:51 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,148 times
They have the "Chile Challenge" here in Cruces up in the Robledos every year. It's a hoot to go and watch. I check it out every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico