Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:50 AM

99 posts, read 265,756 times

Advertisements

Hello all my friends, fellow New Mexicans and lovers of NM,
Well we made it, we had a wonderful trip, great weather, got a place to live within one week, hubby got a job within two weeks, and I'm feeling great, we love it here.We still have lot's to discover, but are very happy. The people are friendly the weather is wonderful and we are grateful to be here. We don't miss RI at all, just our familys, but they are all over anyway. My mom will be visiting soon and Wilsons mom by the summer.I want to thank everyone for all the NM info and pictures and advice.Joanne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 10:03 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,608,054 times
Congrats...Your going to love NM...

Old 02-09-2008, 10:48 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,880,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertPeace View Post
Well we made it, we had a wonderful trip, great weather, got a place to live within one week, hubby got a job within two weeks, and I'm feeling great, we love it here.We still have lot's to discover, but are very happy. The people are friendly the weather is wonderful and we are grateful to be here. We don't miss RI at all, just our familys, but they are all over anyway. My mom will be visiting soon and Wilsons mom by the summer.I want to thank everyone for all the NM info and pictures and advice.Joanne
Great!!! Welcome to New Mexico......I've been enjoying it too, even if I am a little disappointed in so little snow, but I'll get over it! The weather has been just gorgeous, hasn't it??

Old 02-09-2008, 11:03 AM

946 posts, read 3,266,462 times
Congratulations!

If anyone is missing snow, come north and get some. We have more than enough. But this is New mexico and the sun fixes everything..

Old 02-09-2008, 11:35 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,880,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Bent View Post
Congratulations!

If anyone is missing snow, come north and get some. We have more than enough. But this is New mexico and the sun fixes everything..
Well, I may head north later, depending on how I feel at the time, since that is probably a few years into the future.

While snow on the order of Chama isn't good, I would like to see the Sacramentos here covered in them just a time or two, but it looks like we aren't going to get that this winter.

And if I could come get some snow, I would.....

Old 02-09-2008, 11:48 AM

298 posts, read 1,149,571 times
Congrats! That sounds wonderful.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:58 AM

261 posts, read 936,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertPeace View Post

Welcome. I have a son in Providence. Well, actually he's moved to Pawtucket. Did you bring seafood for everyone here? We'll all be over this evening for dinner.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:39 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,084,695 times
Devin Bent recommended:

> If anyone is missing snow, come north and get some.
> We have more than enough.

You mean that literally, right? That is; come and get some (stuff it in your car) and take it back with you when you are done playing in the snow that doesn't fit in your car.

I accidentally typed the word 'snow' with a 't' in place of the 'w.'
I was going to leave it in there, but thought better of it ...

Old 02-09-2008, 12:53 PM

946 posts, read 3,266,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Devin Bent recommended:

You mean that literally, right? That is; come and get some (stuff it in your car) and take it back with you when you are done playing in the snow that doesn't fit in your car.

I exaggerate slightly since we have only scattered patches on the ground. But we are at 6,000 feet (Nambe in north Santa Fe County) -- go a little higher and you will find plenty. The Sangre de Christos are snow-capped and even the foothills are snow-covered between the trees. I assume that the Jemez are also snow capped, but I can't see them from here.

Incidentally, does anyone know the name of the range of foothills that runs west of the Sangres and east of Nambe?

Old 02-09-2008, 01:04 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
DesertPeace: Congratulations! I hope to follow you in moving to NM one of these days. Where are you in NM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico