Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 08:35 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,802,734 times

Advertisements

We live in Placitas and go to the Smiths on Paseo. I haven't timed the trip, but there is less traffic than driving on 550 and 528.

We also have the Merc, which is very handy if you just need a few things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 02:16 PM

511 posts, read 625,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I was going to say "about 30 minutes," but Poncho got the "about" before I did!

We stayed in Placitas last year and shopped at the Smith's in Rio Rancho. It's similar to the stores we have where we live in the PNW.

We're driving out in a few weeks for our second "this is the LAST time we visit NM to decide if we're moving there" trip. We actually came out last year twice April and late May staying almost a month total, but we still weren't sure when we got back home. This time it SHOULD be the deciding trip because a very difficult piece of land to sell that we ownED just sold, and it'll be a lot easier to move now.

Back to timing to Smith's - we were in the Ranchos de Placitas community about 5 minutes away from 165, and I distinctly remember we figured about 30 minutes.

Ohhhh, Jiminnm! That is so cool about the Smith's on Paseo - I didn't know about it - thanks for mentioning it. I just mapped it from where we stay in Placitas, and it's 18 mi and 25 minutes, whereas the Smith's in Rio Rancho, which can be quite messy with traffic on 550 to 528, is 17 mi and 28 minutes and at certain times of the day definitely takes longer.

I would say, though, that the drive to the Rio Rancho Smith's is more interesting and also has a lot of other stuff on the way, so if you need to run errands, there are more stores and fast food. Oh! And the best car wash place I've ever been to also.

The drive south toward North Domingo Baca Park, where I took my dog often (best dog park I've ever been to, anywhere) is a hop, skip, lovely clear freeway drive, and I did that drive often enough at all hours to know that this is a lovely option, and likely one I'll prefer. The Smith's appears to be a few minutes east of the freeway and close to the Baca Park I frequented.

I love your freeways, omg, I LOVE I-25. I know some feel it's crowded, but, um, it's on my "pro" list for moving there - "Relatively empty I-25 and love the drivers. They move. They don't camp out. They have somewhere to go and get there, but don't run you over in the process. " HUGE pro for us.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:57 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiz View Post
I was going to say "about 30 minutes," but Poncho got the "about" before I did!

We stayed in Placitas last year and shopped at the Smith's in Rio Rancho. It's similar to the stores we have where we live in the PNW.
We have been doing some shopping at the Smith's in Rio Rancho. They are near to us and the prescriptions service has been great. Our Doctors send in our prescriptions, that Smith's Pharmacy handles everything without the snags, problems and issues we had encountered at other local pharmacies.

We shop at a variety of places depending on the season and other needs...

Farmers markets in the area can be interesting.

IMG_4048 by Ricardo, on Flickr. Albuquerque Growers Market.

P1070393 1920w by Ricardo, on Flickr. Farmer's Market, Corrales New, Mexico.

IMG_9073 by Ricardo, on Flickr. Rio Rancho Growers Market.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:38 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times
I looked at property in Edgewood when I was moving here some 6 years ago. It was more affordable for building and much more wooded where I was looking than in Placitas. We were having several forest fires in the area at the time and I was a bit concerned about that as well as the I-40 commute into town. Placitas is dryer with more juniper and sage than pines and somewhat hilly so larger lots might still only have one actual building site but would cost a bit more. I eventually found an affordable place in a less developed part of Rio Rancho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico