Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:20 AM

70 posts, read 214,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmex View Post
Art jobs are saturated. Next to useless. Technical fields are needed most if you really want to set up an economy for future generations of New Mexico, financially. Or do you think the future of NM is selling hand wrought trinkets on a mat at art fairs the sole means to maintain infrastructure?
I STRONGLY DISAGREE!!!!! I JUST RETURNED FORM ALB LAST NIGHT FROM THE JOB INTERVIEW. IT WENT WELL, BUT I WON'T KNOW ANYTHING UNTIL THEY LIFT THE FREEZE ON ELECTIVE TEACHERS POSITIONS. ART IS NOT PREPARING STUDENTS FOR TRINKET JOBS. NO ART IN SCHOOL WILL LEAD TO NO ART IN SOCIETY, AND NO CREATIVE THINKING, AND LOWER TEST SCORES. IN A VERY SHORT TIME IT EFFECTS THE GALLERIES AND MUSEUMS AND THE TOURIST TRADE. ART IN SCHOOLS IS NOT A LUXURY, IT IS A NECESSITY. ART TODAY ALSO DOES INCLUDE NEW TECHNOLOGIES. THERE ARE TOO MANY TO MENTION HERE. IT WOULD BE A POOR WORLD WITHOUT ART.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loboABQ View Post
I believe the art teacher at the school I am at is staying (though it may change). I think he's staying another year and then moving back to southern New Mexico (where he's from and his wife still lives). Last year, the art teacher at the high school was leaving, yet she came back. I'm not sure if she is coming back or not for the next school year . However, the 30th is the last day of school so I'm sure I'll hear something. I'll let you know what I find out.
DEAR LOBOABQ, I JUST GOT BACK FROM ALB ON SAT. HOW DID YOUR JOB FAIR GO? YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT EXPENSIVE CABS. I SHOULD HAVE RENTED A CAR. IT WAS ALMOST $100 TO GO 20 MILES TO THE SCHOOL. THE ROADS ARE NEW AND EVEN WITH A MAPQUEST DIRECTIONS HE GOT LOST. I'M WAITING TO HEAR IF I GOT THE JOB. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MADE OUT. BACICH

Old 05-30-2008, 12:16 PM

186 posts, read 640,272 times
I had about 5 "interviews". They went pretty well. Should hear back from some next week. If not, I'll start calling around to bug them. I'm in the process of cleaning out my classroom for the summer now. YAY, summer is here!!! Sorry, to hear bout your bad time in ABQ, hope it works out for you though.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:06 PM

DEAR lobaABQ, It Is Never A Bad Time In Nm. I'm Also In The Process Of Empting Out Important Things To Keep From 10 Years In My Classroom. Summer For Me Is Not Here Until June 20th. I'm Also Waiting To Hear. There Is A Freeze On For Elective Teachers. The School Will Now Have 9th And 10th Grade. They Will Have To Hire Teachers. We'll See. I'm On My Way To Ny For A Family Event. I'm Taking My Computer To Work On Grades. Will School Ever End? Bacich

Old 05-31-2008, 08:03 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,770,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacich View Post
I STRONGLY DISAGREE!!!!! I JUST RETURNED FORM ALB LAST NIGHT FROM THE JOB INTERVIEW. IT WENT WELL, BUT I WON'T KNOW ANYTHING UNTIL THEY LIFT THE FREEZE ON ELECTIVE TEACHERS POSITIONS. ART IS NOT PREPARING STUDENTS FOR TRINKET JOBS. NO ART IN SCHOOL WILL LEAD TO NO ART IN SOCIETY, AND NO CREATIVE THINKING, AND LOWER TEST SCORES. IN A VERY SHORT TIME IT EFFECTS THE GALLERIES AND MUSEUMS AND THE TOURIST TRADE. ART IN SCHOOLS IS NOT A LUXURY, IT IS A NECESSITY. ART TODAY ALSO DOES INCLUDE NEW TECHNOLOGIES. THERE ARE TOO MANY TO MENTION HERE. IT WOULD BE A POOR WORLD WITHOUT ART.
Industrial Design, Graphic Design are frowned upon by fine artists, but both are way more practical financially. Very hard trade in the fine art world, more people eat Ramen Noodle soup daily trying to break into it. One wonders where the term "starving artist" comes from.

Consumables that are well designed (Industrial Design), made (manufacturing) and marketed (Graphic Design) to the public to be consumed seems to me a better shot in the economy, as you buy good product, you the consumer are buying art, right down to the package design.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:43 PM

June 20th!?!?!? Wow, that is insane. When do you all start? What's the point of even having a summer vacation if it doesn't start until the end of June?

Best of luck to you finishing up your school year.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:06 PM

Dear loboABQ,
We usually start school after Labor Day. If I get this job it will be a short summer. I just want to move to NM. It's an adventure. Any good areas close to Volcano Vista High for apartments? bacich

Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 AM

DEAR lobo ABQ,
i FOUND A JOB AT ANOTHER HIGH SCHOOL AND CALLED AND LEFT A MESSAGE.
I CAN'T AFORD TO COME OUT FOR ANOTHER INTERVIEW. cAN I STILL GET A JOB WITH A PHONE INTERVIEW? THAT OF COURSE DEPENDS ON IF THEY GIVE ME EVEN THAT. THERE IS ANOTHER JOB AT AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IN BERNALILLO. HOW IS THIS COMMUNITY? IT DOESN'T LOOK FAR FROM ABQ. BACICH

Old 06-05-2008, 11:55 AM

Bernalillo is not far from ABQ. It's about a 10-15 minute drive on the freeway (I25) and about the same if you don't want to take the freeway. I know of a few people who have had phone interviews take the place of in-person interviews, so you never know. I have a friend who lives in Bernallilo and she loves it. She is from the area and prefers it over Abq actually.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:21 PM

THANKS AGAIN loboabq. AS MY KIDS WOULD SAY- "YOU'RE THE BOMB". BACICH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico