Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,916 times

Advertisements

I have studied NM in close detail. There is a lot of info on the best places to live in and move to. Everything I have seen is NM comes in last or close To last for many reasons. From 2010 to 2018 the rate of growth for NM has been stagnant (US Census). Very few people move to this state. The growth rate is about .5 percent. Most of the growth is from births. while the western states surrounding it are over 2%. Look at Santa Fe for example. It is the oldest capital in the US at over 400 years old. It only has a little over 70,000 residents. A little over 700-800 people moved their last year. Take Las Vegas for example, It has over 30K people move there every year. Phoenix has over 30k people mover their almost every year. Reno is only 160 years old and almost has 500k living there. Yeah everybody on here say Santa FE has culture is vibrant and folks want to live there. Most of the people living there are older richer adults. How come nobody moves there? Most of the young adults move from here for better places to live. Most of the counties are losing population except about 9 counties.

The state is not tax friendly either. Santa Fe has a 9% sales tax. The state taxes, income, social security, pensions, and everything else you may have. Property taxes are low because the value of homes are so low. Look at Albuquerque you can buy a place for 170K to 180k. Who wants to live there in a hell hole. Most of the state is a low life gang culture....sorry it is!

It also at 7200 feet in elevation.Much harder to do exercise activities at that elevation. In addition it has more intense sun, dryness and desert. Have you ever experienced the Southwest winds from march to June, 40-50 mph with humidities at 2-3 % Most of the state is desert with no trees. It also isolated and landlocked with the ocean about 900 miles away. No thank you, I like green green, rain and better socioeconomic conditions you can attain elsewhere!!!

The reasons NM is stagnant due to many factors. It has the highest personal crime rate in the nation. It also has the second highest poverty rate. The education system the state gets a D-. About 69% of kids graduate from high school. NM ranked second worst for education, childcare and socioeconomics. It also ranked last for affordability. Recently Wallethub ranked all 50 states for best places to raise a child. NM came in 50, dead last. Why would anyone move to this state to raise a child? The state also has the highest amount of alcohol use and it shows with the most DUI's of any state. These are all facts and they cannot be disputed. Who cares about balloon races, sunsets, good food and beautiful deserts when everything else sucks. Really, I can get these amenities elsewhere and feel proud where I live.

I visited Boulder , Co where my daughter lives. It is the most vibrant downtown I have ever seen. An architect designed the downtown as a central point for those living there to congregate. Everyone goes there day and night to socialize, eat, shop, gather and enjoy the nightlife. It is a college town with the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. All the Bldgs are made of sandstone brick. This city has high tech jobs and has the most PHDs of any city in the U.S. It is a very healthy city where everyone bikes around town. The school systems are great and is listed as one of the best places live and raise a family. NM and Santa Fe people cannot compare in any way close. The surrounding area is green with grass, trees, lakes, rivers and streams everywhere. Sorry NM you can have your sunsets, starry nights, balloons and deserts, I choose tol live elsewhere where it is safe!

Old 09-25-2018, 04:24 PM

681 posts, read 1,207,133 times
I guess you should just stay where your at then.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:21 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
There are pros and cons to living anywhere. No such thing as the 'perfect' place.
There are places in NM you may not want to live but there are also more places in NM you would want to live.
That's everywhere.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:31 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm revealed View Post
The state is not tax friendly either. Santa Fe has a 9% sales tax.
Quote:
The combined sales tax rate for Santa Fe, NM is 8.4375%. This is the total of state, county and city sales tax rates. The New Mexico state sales tax rate is currently 5.125%. The Santa Fe County sales tax rate is 0%. Santa Fe sales tax rate is 3.3125%.
Reference: https://www.avalara.com/taxrates/en/...ties/santa-fe/

nm revealed, It seems you came to complain about New Mexico. Perhaps New Mexico is not for you...

Old 09-25-2018, 08:03 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm revealed View Post
I have studied NM in close detail. There is a lot of info on the best places to live in and move to. Everything I have seen is NM comes in last or close To last for many reasons. From 2010 to 2018 the rate of growth for NM has been stagnant (US Census). Very few people move to this state. The growth rate is about .5 percent. Most of the growth is from births. while the western states surrounding it are over 2%. Look at Santa Fe for example. It is the oldest capital in the US at over 400 years old. It only has a little over 70,000 residents. A little over 700-800 people moved their last year. Take Las Vegas for example, It has over 30K people move there every year. Phoenix has over 30k people mover their almost every year. Reno is only 160 years old and almost has 500k living there. Yeah everybody on here say Santa FE has culture is vibrant and folks want to live there. Most of the people living there are older richer adults. How come nobody moves there? Most of the young adults move from here for better places to live. Most of the counties are losing population except about 9 counties.

The state is not tax friendly either. Santa Fe has a 9% sales tax. The state taxes, income, social security, pensions, and everything else you may have. Property taxes are low because the value of homes are so low. Look at Albuquerque you can buy a place for 170K to 180k. Who wants to live there in a hell hole. Most of the state is a low life gang culture....sorry it is!

It also at 7200 feet in elevation.Much harder to do exercise activities at that elevation. In addition it has more intense sun, dryness and desert. Have you ever experienced the Southwest winds from march to June, 40-50 mph with humidities at 2-3 % Most of the state is desert with no trees. It also isolated and landlocked with the ocean about 900 miles away. No thank you, I like green green, rain and better socioeconomic conditions you can attain elsewhere!!!

The reasons NM is stagnant due to many factors. It has the highest personal crime rate in the nation. It also has the second highest poverty rate. The education system the state gets a D-. About 69% of kids graduate from high school. NM ranked second worst for education, childcare and socioeconomics. It also ranked last for affordability. Recently Wallethub ranked all 50 states for best places to raise a child. NM came in 50, dead last. Why would anyone move to this state to raise a child? The state also has the highest amount of alcohol use and it shows with the most DUI's of any state. These are all facts and they cannot be disputed. Who cares about balloon races, sunsets, good food and beautiful deserts when everything else sucks. Really, I can get these amenities elsewhere and feel proud where I live.

I visited Boulder , Co where my daughter lives. It is the most vibrant downtown I have ever seen. An architect designed the downtown as a central point for those living there to congregate. Everyone goes there day and night to socialize, eat, shop, gather and enjoy the nightlife. It is a college town with the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. All the Bldgs are made of sandstone brick. This city has high tech jobs and has the most PHDs of any city in the U.S. It is a very healthy city where everyone bikes around town. The school systems are great and is listed as one of the best places live and raise a family. NM and Santa Fe people cannot compare in any way close. The surrounding area is green with grass, trees, lakes, rivers and streams everywhere. Sorry NM you can have your sunsets, starry nights, balloons and deserts, I choose tol live elsewhere where it is safe!
Wow, NM sounds like a horrible place! Guess I'd better move away!

Old 09-26-2018, 07:43 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,288,784 times
Gotta admire the stealth marketing by the Boulder Chamber of Commerce!

Old 09-26-2018, 09:43 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
"Hi. I am new here. Anyway, here is why you suck."

Seriously, if this sort of personality in any way represents Boulder (which I will give Boulder the benefit of the doubt), then it would be the last place I would want to live.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:06 AM

4,866 posts, read 4,804,405 times
The OP apparently created an account yesterday to make this one post. It's not even worth a response.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:35 PM

988 posts, read 682,880 times
New Mexico is maybe the most beautiful state there is, including Colorado.

I'd move to many locations in New Mexico before Boulder. I've lived in Boulder. No, thanks.

Somebody's trying to troll you guys. Don't let them.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:54 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
I guess we have a critic here in our midst!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico