Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:54 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times

Advertisements

I had a margarita there and it was very good, and I think my husband had their pale ale. They had some very spicy green chile. yummmm....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 06:30 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
I'm pretty sure I ate at the Blue Corn Cafe, and I'm certain that I ate at the Pink Adobe. (I have a cook book by the Pink's owner.) I can't remember the names of the other places but I loved them all. Knock me dead I've never had better food than what I had in Santa Fe and I not only like Mexican food, ate it my whole life in Los Angeles where we've got a heavy Latino influence, and I'm an amateur chef and cook my own too, enchiladas, chiles rellenos, all that good stuff. If I moved to Santa Fe my biggest problem might be gaining weight!

I visited Santa Fe about three years ago and I found the perfect house for me, brand new, sort of east of town up in the hills (on the way to the campgrounds) and it was only $1.2 million! Well of course I can't afford that but it was nice imagining that I lived there. (It was an open house the day I visited.)

I could probably get $400K for my present house and maybe scare up enough to pay $500K for a house in Santa Fe. One thing though, I've always wanted a house a bit up in the hills, high enough that I can look out over the city in the daytime and see the city lights at night. I'm nearing retirement and I believe you only live once, and just once I want a really nice house. I want a fairly large house too even though I'm single, not only because I have lots of hobbies, but I may not always be single and I want to be sure wifey has room for her hobbies too.

So what do you think? Nice house in Santa Fe with a view for $500K?

We're getting a bit off subject so I'll plan on starting my own thread before this goes on much longer.

(BTW I have a website for my recipes although only some of them are Mexican, and you can get the URL from my profile.)

Old 04-28-2008, 07:13 PM

946 posts, read 3,264,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I visited Santa Fe about three years ago and I found the perfect house for me, brand new, sort of east of town up in the hills (on the way to the campgrounds) and it was only $1.2 million! Well of course I can't afford that but it was nice imagining that I lived there. (It was an open house the day I visited.)

I could probably get $400K for my present house and maybe scare up enough to pay $500K for a house in Santa Fe. One thing though, I've always wanted a house a bit up in the hills, high enough that I can look out over the city in the daytime and see the city lights at night. I'm nearing retirement and I believe you only live once, and just once I want a really nice house. I want a fairly large house too even though I'm single, not only because I have lots of hobbies, but I may not always be single and I want to be sure wifey has room for her hobbies too.

So what do you think? Nice house in Santa Fe with a view for $500K?

We're getting a bit off subject so I'll plan on starting my own thread before this goes on much longer.
I'll sort of answer here. A nice house in Santa Fe County with a view of the mountains -- yes.

Up in the foothills looking down on Santa Fe? We have a couple of realtors who might be able to answer this better than me. I'd say, though if you mean up in the Sangre de Christos looking down on Santa Fe -- never. I'd don't think there are that many that actually look down on Santa Fe -- as opposed to somewhere else -- and any that are up there with that view would be astronomical in price. I went up Upper Canyon Road today and saw a few houses that were two stories and tall. They might have city views -- but Upper Canyon Road for 500 K???

Now is there somewhere in Jemez or the Sandias property that looks down on Santa Fe? I don't know and I suspect that it would be pretty pricy also.

Part of what is going here is that in both City and County we are restricting development on ridge lines. Part is that Santa Fe City is itself 7,000 feet, so you have to get up high to look down on it. And mountains around Santa Fe tend to be in National Forest.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:50 PM

Just note that I mean hills, not mountains. Even a couple hundred feet would be good enough, and no need for 360 view. Even 90 degrees would be fine, and all I really want is a bit more view than what I have now: my neighbor's garage over a 6 foot fence.

I saw a lot of development to the east, southeast and south of town that might suit me. I agree that I'm probably priced out of that Upper Canyon Road. I already saw the $1.2M and accept that.

I'll accept any additional replies and expect to start my own thread in the next day or two.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:03 AM

I'm anxious to see and contribute to your new housing thread when you post it, Lovehound. One of my favorite topics.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:39 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Blue Corn Cafe is my fave place in Santa Fe Towanda, they have great Microbrew too!
Let's not forget about Roque's, out on the Plaza. Very inexpensive, but elemental food. The carnita:

The Plaza Cafe is also recommended. The pork quesadilla:

Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 AM

I am so thrilled, and living in anticipation right now.

I already have a long list of "favorite" restaurants in my soon-to-be- new home town ... and a growing list of more and more places to try!

Thanks for those pictures, mike!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:42 AM

Dammit you guys are making me hungry!!!

I'll quit dragging this thread off topic and go start my own thread. See yas there!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:45 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Let's not forget about Roque's, out on the Plaza. Very inexpensive, but elemental food. The carnita:

OMG.....the first just makes my mouth water....food of the gods indeed...!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:53 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,042 times
Good Lord mike, now why have you got to do something like that? Don't you realize that you are absolutely just KILLING us out-of-staters???

Incredible. Even though I usually don't like replying with photos, it is worth it in this instance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico