Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,174,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Very impressive.
Not really all that difficult if you're young and fit. I WAS, once upon a time!

Quote:
I'm much too over the hill to try anything like that, and actually never could have.
Me too! I would no longer even contemplate trying what I was once able to do, even though I still ride every other day for 1.5 hours, weather permitting. Of course when you live in mountainous terrain, as I do, 1.5 hours is only 3/4 of an hour of actual exertion since the other half of the time is downhill!

I think anyone in reasonably good health can condition themselves to do things like that. And motivation plays a huge part, goes without saying. My motivation at the time was to condition myself during the week to be able to ski all day long on weekends without suffering as I did when I first began skiing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,283,325 times
Bloomingartist, you know Stairway to Heaven turned 40 this week (who'd a thought that the classics would start being younger than me). There was an article I read somewhere on line that had 40 covers of the song linked in it and most of them were amazing! Sorry to jump off topic somewhat but I hadn't seen anyone else respond to the line and as a good Zep fan I felt obliged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomingArtist View Post
"There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West, and my Spirit is crying for leaving"

Old 11-14-2011, 01:28 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,206,122 times
TKO: Thanks for making me feel prehistoric! I love Led Zep as well.

joqua: You're right. Motivation is what it's all about!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:22 AM
TKO

Quote:
TKO: Thanks for making me feel prehistoric! I love Led Zep as well.
You are welcome fine sir! The one benefit of time having passed, in this particular case, is that at least it's not played on the radio 20 times a day, like it was for 20 years, and I can enjoy it more now that I hear it less often.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 PM

I agree, although the only Led Zep tune I got burned out on from excessive airplay was Stairway to Heaven. What a great band. I'm glad to know that they were appreciated in NM as well as in TX.

I'm a professional musician...I hope I can find people to play with when I finally move to NM.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 PM
TKO

I was referring specifically to that song, I could never tire of most of their stuff. I actually enjoy hearing it nowadays since it's fairly infrequent.

There's not a huge music scene here but you should be able to work something out. A lot more going on in El Paso these days. Used to be when I was a kid we got all the big shows in the pan am (and those wonderful $10 tickets) and El Paso got left out. When Barbara Hubbard stopped running the Pan Am it went downhill. They've been doing a little better as of late. I hope i happen upon a band your one day.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:02 AM

If I move to NM, it will probably be to a different part of the state. Socorro is high on my list because it's not too close to a big city, but still only an hour or so from Albuquerque. Hopefully there will be some live music there that I can get into.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 AM
TKO

Quote:
If I move to NM, it will probably be to a different part of the state. Socorro is high on my list because it's not too close to a big city, but still only an hour or so from Albuquerque. Hopefully there will be some live music there that I can get into.
Shouldn't be any issues with Albuquerque, their downtown music scene is a gem that doesn't get enough attention. In the mid 90's when I lived in Placitas, I saw some shows at the Sunset (?) Theater that were out of this world good.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:52 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,191,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I saw some shows at the Sunset (?) Theater that were out of this world good.
Probably the Sunshine Theater.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:01 PM

Does Albuquerque have any sort of jazz scene?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico