Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2008, 02:51 PM

128 posts, read 431,790 times

Advertisements

Well, the effort to move from Yuma to Alamogordo began in October 2007. With the downturn in the housing market, we thought that we were destined to remain in Yuma, as we had not found a buyer for our Yuma home.

Last week we literally snagged a prospective buyer as they drove by viewing the property. We go into Escrow on Monday, with a 30 DAY ESCROW! That is going to be very difficult, as I'm out on the Rodeo Circuit and need to move, but we'll "get-r-done".

We have a lot in Tierra de Suenos, and will begin building as soon as possible, but we're looking at probably at least 7 - 10 Months before the Home is completed.

My wife will be moving into our 36' 5th until the home is completed, and I will be moving her to Alamogordo to ride herd on the construction.

Now, here are the questions:

1. Has anyone used one of the Alamogordo RV Parks for "long term" residency?

2. Which RV Park did you use, and approximately what was the Rate?

We do not need many of the amenities such as Pool and Club House, but would like to find a "nice" RV Park in a good location.

My wife told me she heard of some NEW RV Parks north of town. Does anyone know the names so that we can contact them?

Thanks for any help

FINALLY A REALITY

George
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 06:07 PM

2 posts, read 7,484 times
Default Long Term RV Parks

My husband used the KOA on 24th Street, now named, Alamogordo Roadrunner Campground for ~ 1.5 months a while back. He said that it was a nice quiet place. We've dealt with the owners for many years, and they are nice people. Not sure what the Monthly Rate is, but I know that it includes electric, water, trash, etc. The regular Trailer Parks here allow RVs also. I don't know much about the parks north of town, but I will list the names & phone #s for you below:

ALAMOGORDO ROADRUNNER CAMPGROUND: 575-437-3003

BOOT HILL RV RESORT (N OF TOWN): 575-439-6224

DESERT PARADISE MOBILE HOME & RV VILLAGE (HWY 70 W ALAMOGORDO): 575-434-2266

EVERGREEN MOBILE HOME & RV PARK: 575-437-3721

SHADY GROVE MOBILE HOME & RV PARK (HWY 54-70): 575-437-6389

WHITE SANDS COMMUNITY RV & MANUFACTURED HOME PARK (S WHITE SANDS BLVD.): 575-437-8388

Hope this will help you. I know that ALAMOGORDO ROADRUNNER is located in a pretty good area & BOOT HILL is a newer park N of town. I've lived in Alamogordo for ~ 23 yrs., and I know that many may argue this, but I feel that you're better off living N of 10th Street, unless you live outside of town. Glad everything is working out for y'all, and good luck with your move.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:33 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,631,075 times
Also isn't Oliver Lee park south of Alamo an RV park too??

6/3

Old 05-20-2008, 05:45 AM

502 posts, read 1,380,576 times
Know folks who have lived in Evergreen and in the Roadrunner.
Stay as far away from Evergreen as you can.
If you so much as sneeze too loud you will have problems.
I've never heard a single bad thing about Roadrunner

Old 05-20-2008, 07:17 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,994 times
Hi George,
Glad you finally got the house sold. I think Roadrunner would be the choice for me also. Oliver Lee is about 10 miles outside of town and more of a camping park. I don't think Boot Hill is open yet.
Welcome to Alamo.
Jane

Old 05-20-2008, 10:35 AM

Default Thanks for the responses

A big thank you to those that have replied.

My wife will probably stay at Roadrunner. Since it will be a longer term stay they may have a larger space than we had during our one week visit last October.

Also thanks for the tip on Evergreen. We have two mini-daschunds, and while we keep a tight reign on them, they can get vocal when someone comes close to their territory.

Again thanks.

George

Old 06-17-2008, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,318 times
Hi, I lived in Alamo for many years and have visited often since moving. We finally discovered the White Sands Community Mobile Home and RV park. They have a very low internet profile. It's what we used to call the Rocket on White Sands near First Street. There is an enclosed dog run--not so at Road Runner. The pool is lovely, there is not a train crossing nearby, you cannot hear the trucks on the highway. Nobody left on a motorcycle in the early AM. (All problems in other parks we have used there.) The price was actually the best we have found in Alamogordo--an unexpected bonus! The only thing you will want to watch for is that you are not in the spaces right behind the Walmart dock. We were only one row in and it wasn't much of a problem. The pull throughs are 30 amps and the back-ins are 50. The 50's are more near Walmart. There are a few of those that would have noise. The best was probably E2. There also seemed to be another area away from the dock. All in all you will be glad you used them.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:04 PM

RVCamper,

Thank you very much for the tip on White Sands Community Mobile Home & RV Park.

Unfortunately the funding fell through on our prospective buyer, after we were 3/4 packed and 1/2 loaded. So our move is back in limbo.

We have another prospective buyer that is investigating how they can afoord to buy the property. We've informed them that due to my traveling schedule with the Rodeo Circuit, we will not be able to close on any deal until the December/January time frame. That is acceptable to them, however we have not heard back on their financial/funding situation. Initially I was willing to split our 5 acres into two parcels and sell the front half with the home and outbuildings. I've now decided that it must be the entire 5 acres, which puts the price up at $480,000. Not a lot of buyers in Yuma in that price range, but then again not a lot of properties that include what we're offering (see rodeogeorge.com for details).

Hopefully we'll have a buyer for the December/January time frame and continue our move to Alamogordo.

Again, thanks for the RV Park info.

George

Old 06-18-2008, 05:21 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,994 times
George, sorry to hear that it did not go through. Hope it gets sold in Dec.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,718 times
Thumbs up RV Parks in Alamogordo

Best price in town is Evergreen Park. As for the rumors about Evergreen Park remember you do not know the people giving you this information. They just may be one of those people you DO NOT want as a neighbor. I lived in Evergreen for years and loved the place. I did not have to deal with any of the inconsiderate people that happened into the park or moved in and thought the rules did not apply to them. The manager there has no problems dealing with these rude people and getting rid of the ones that refused to behave. As for the other parks in town such as WhiteSands Community and Roadrunner...are nice parks as well and have some very nice people working there. Roadrunner is an old KOA. I do not know first hand but have heard that bigger rigs have issues with their electric because of the age of the park. Something you need to ask about and be aware of before you pull to big of a rig in there. WhiteSands Community is another nice park but there is not a lot of grass. I personally did not care for all the gravel and asphalt. Evergreen Park had nice yards and trees. The only thing I did not care for was the speed bumps but after watching the way some of the people drive as soon as the manager goes home they drive like a bunch of idiots. Good news you can let the manager know and he will deal with them. I have personally seen the manager there tell his own kids and one of the parks owners that they were speeding and needed to slow down so he does not play favorites. There is also a new RV Resort north of town...almost for got it sorry. It is a bit pricey and I do not care for the lack of grass or trees but if your wintering there it really does not matter about the no trees. I have also heard they do live entertainment. Hope you all have a great visit to Alamogordo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico