Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 02:06 PM

146 posts, read 441,316 times

Advertisements

OK, we've done research, we've made the check-it-out-to-see-if-we-like-it (well, ok, my husband made the trip down with a friend, but I've been down there before) trip, and we've decided to put our house(s) here up for sale, and get our butts down to Alamogordo!

I'm going to be giving notice, we've got to make a trip back to New England (family reunion) in August, so it looks like the end of August (or the beginning of September - after monsoon) will be our target date!

Whoooo!!!!! Hoooooo!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 02:58 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,928,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyBQuilts View Post
OK, we've done research, we've made the check-it-out-to-see-if-we-like-it (well, ok, my husband made the trip down with a friend, but I've been down there before) trip, and we've decided to put our house(s) here up for sale, and get our butts down to Alamogordo!

I'm going to be giving notice, we've got to make a trip back to New England (family reunion) in August, so it looks like the end of August (or the beginning of September - after monsoon) will be our target date!

Whoooo!!!!! Hoooooo!!!
Good for you, Cindy!!

Monsoon? We had no monsoon to speak of last year. I hope that isn't true this summer.

HOWEVER, I know you're sick of rain/flooding, so you're approaching it from quite a different perspective!

We either drown or burn up dry...

Old 06-26-2008, 03:28 PM

lol - I've lived in Montana before, so I know what the dry heat/cold is like!

You're invited for dinner - I'll try to do something spicy enough for you - 'cause I know you like spicy/hot food! LOL!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:37 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,928,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyBQuilts View Post
lol - I've lived in Montana before, so I know what the dry heat/cold is like!

You're invited for dinner - I'll try to do something spicy enough for you - 'cause I know you like spicy/hot food! LOL!
LOL!! I'm looking forward to meeting y'all!!

You'll also meet Chilegal and Song/Charlie...fun people!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 PM

429 posts, read 1,481,045 times
Congrats on your move! Hope its a smooth one & here's wishing you a quick sale!! Best of luck fellow Almost-A-New-Mexican.

Sogs

Old 06-27-2008, 06:00 AM

775 posts, read 2,593,226 times
Default Monsoon Seasons in N.M.

A tv forecaster said the Monsoon seasons werent going to be here for about another 2 weeks or more so it could be if Soggy Comes in from Seattle we might have a Wintery Snowy Rainy Winter. We havent had one of those in Lots of years and i think theres someone else on here who brings lots of Rain Like Soggy those two or three people need to be Careful not to Congregate in the Same places in New Mexico or theyll Flood the whole State. The Monsoon Seasons in N.M. have been Clouds and Lightning Started Fires in our Dry State. Wheres Soggy when you need her last good rain we had was she came to visit N.M.? The Trigo Fire is out but a New one called the Spring Fire is causing people to get Evacuated in the Manzano Mountains for a Second time. I feel Sorry for all these people that are losing their homes. I feel Sorry for the Wild Animals that have made these places in the Mountains their homes and now they are without homes and food and Hungry and Scared and we might end up being the only Source of Food for them once they get use to living amongst us and get Hungry enough. pintada kid at webtv.net

Old 06-27-2008, 06:23 AM

Pintada, thanks for the vote! I'd be glad to send more wet stuff down to you right now! Yesterday's storms put one inch of water in the basement (it had just dried out from the rains earlier this month), and also water in through the kitchen window - yes, it was closed, but 70 mph wind directly into the window will do that.

I do disaster quilts, so I'm hoping that while they won't be needed, if they are, I can help out.

Cathy - of course! I'm really, really excited to meet you all - Chilegal, Song, 6/3, and all that travel through Alamo! I just wish that we could make it for the 4th of July, it sounds like it's going to be a great time. Just know that we'll be there in spirit!

Looks like the houses in IA will be listed this weekend!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:30 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,619,334 times
Man, saying Whoo Hooo about moving to Alamogordo is like cheering before you get into the dentist's chair for a root canal if you ask me. The monsoons have not been as active as they were in past years, but maybe that has something to do with one of those ninas....El...La...could also be attributable to global warming. I know several of you think global warming does not exist, just like some thought the world was flat, but according to NOAA and other sources, our weather might be changing here in the future because of that.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2008/20080619_climatereport.html

Old 06-27-2008, 08:33 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,048,358 times
CindyB ~

Congratulations on your making your decision.

Things get very exciting now!!!

I hope your house will sell as fast and Soggy's house and my house sold.

Get busy packing!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 11:22 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,030,155 times
Cindy, Great Going!!!! I am looking forward to seeing you down here.
Did Keith find a place here for ya?
And for your disaster quilts, I have a bit of fabric for you to use..LOL Maybe we can work on them together this winter.
Will see you then.
Jane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico