Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 08:34 PM

68 posts, read 257,181 times

Advertisements

I've always thought of New Mexico as a very romantic state...with its warm sunsets & hot moonlit nights, and, I have to add...luscious foods. I really think the desert is such a romantic place. You can travel it for miles and be completely alone, or better yet with your sweetheart. But, my favorite has to be the mountains. I love to see the full moon glistening between the pines and the soft yellow glow of a distant cabin. And the mountain fragrance is so captivating...you just never want to leave. When the nights come it's time to snuggle in front of a cozy fire built for two. What is your most romantic place in New Mexico?

Rebecca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 10:39 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,985,636 times
Wink Ojo Caliente

There could be so many.

One would be Ojo Caliente. The hot springs there:
Hot Springs, New Mexico - Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa

The waters are delectable. The grounds are charming. They do have private pools, but even as most of the pools are public, often still intimate. Particularly at night. The deeply brown cliffs of rock and dirt directly behind are lit at night from below. Much else envoloped in the soft shadows of warm summer evenings. The water silky and inviting, perfectly warm. A time and place for the soul, in nurturing and expression with those also present, and kindred in the moment.

Outside the pools in the evening they may also have a fire. To wander to and sit in reflection. Those near and oneself lost in shadow of cares having slipped past into a timeless revery of what each now sees dancing among the flames.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:55 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,026,689 times
My house.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
There could be so many.

One would be Ojo Caliente. The hot springs there:
Hot Springs, New Mexico - Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa

The waters are delectable. The grounds are charming. They do have private pools, but even as most of the pools are public, often still intimate. Particularly at night. The deeply brown cliffs of rock and dirt directly behind are lit at night from below. Much else envoloped in the soft shadows of warm summer evenings. The water silky and inviting, perfectly warm. A time and place for the soul, in nurturing and expression with those also present, and kindred in the moment.

Outside the pools in the evening they may also have a fire. To wander to and sit in reflection. Those near and oneself lost in shadow of cares having slipped past into a timeless revery of what each now sees dancing among the flames.
I'm mesmerized by your description alone...Wow! I've been there & it's everything you've written. The last time I was there I was single, but
this next time around I'll take my dh.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:07 PM

775 posts, read 2,587,926 times
Default Romantic Places

Some of my Favorite places to take my Women Friends is out to Ghost Towns and Old Churches and Cemeteries and Pertroglyphs and Old Historic Sights that not too many people get to see. >>>>> TO ME i love walking for miles in places few get to walk and looking for Dinosaur Bones and Fossils and Rocks and Artifacts and tools that are hundreds even thousands of years old and up to 200 million years old. My house could possibly be a very Romantic place to visit people say it looks like a Museum or like the House their Grandma use to live in years ago. Maybe someday ill open it up as a Museum. Ill call it the Pintada Kid Museum. pintada kid at webtv.net

Old 08-05-2008, 01:53 AM

If you enjoy horseback riding, or even hiking/biking, you must go to the Gila National Forest. Dh & I went on our horses through these gorgeous trails...we even encountered a black bear that didn't even bother to look our way, but just kept going...he had his own date somewhere I guess. We started off at sunrise and ended at sunset and everything was so beautiful. We stopped a lot to let our horses rest and so that we could enjoy the landscape. It's a beautiful place to be...any time of the year.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:14 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,218,094 times
Geez... where was it I would take my girlfriend after cruising Montgomery...

ah yes... Menaul & Tramway... if you drive back into those neighborhoods you will eventually be able to look down at the entire city... a vast ocean of orange light.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:34 AM

908 posts, read 2,853,483 times
Along the vein of Ojo Caliente, the hot springs in Jemez are in a natural setting, and even the drive to get to them is pretty spectacular. Also, a hot air balloon ride to watch the sun rise while floating in relative calm with that special someone is hard to beat!

Old 08-07-2008, 05:03 PM

14 posts, read 68,718 times
Spence and San Antonio hot springs are great places,be warned though they are treated as clothing optional so that may ruin your moment depending how you feel about it.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:40 PM

908 posts, read 2,853,483 times
Ahhh, thanks for the warning Jiggs69 but you're a bit too late. I had a great soak with my then girlfriend (now wife) interrupted by two older guys wearin' nothin' but smiles and a cowboy hat. They were a funny pair. I couldn't quite figure it out. One was obviously the local guy and very earthy. He lit a strange smelling homemade cigarette (I'm going to leave it at that) and proceeded to BASH the current president. And I'm no fan, but the way he was going off I started worrying about just what the CIA/NSA/FBI could or couldn't pick up by satellite. The one I was trying to figure out was the other guy. Straight laced business guy from Texas. He passed on the homemade cig for a cigar which he would rest on the front brim of his hat every so often. I just kept thinking: 'somewhere in the Great State of Texas is a quaint little family sitting down to dinner thinking that their father/husband is hard at work in the New Mexico territory. In Albuquerque... probably hard at work still pushing deals at some working dinner. I imagined they thought he was dressed and with people he knew.'.

That date told me a lot about my wife. It told me that although she grew up out east, she understood that many times in New Mexico, it's not about the place, the food or the occasion. It's about watching the characters!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico