Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2008, 04:30 PM

775 posts, read 2,589,633 times

Advertisements

Talked to the Lady who got bit by a Rattlesnake in the Center of N.M. a couple of weeks ago and she said her Medication and Anti Venom alone had already cost her like over 18 thousand dollars. That Rattlesnake Bite has already cost her over 24 thousand dollars in Medical expenses. She Said the Snake Didnt Warn her and that it got away to bite her at another Day there at her place. pintada kid at webtv.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 07:44 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,013,327 times
Exclamation What...why so much....

We would like to hear more about this situation.
It seems something is very wrong with the medical billing...

Let us know if I can help...
20 + years in medical...

Damn, I was out hunting the other day and was wearing my gators just in case.

But this $$ amount seem way too much..

Was she admitted for a time??

Let me know..

Hunter Wold and Suninhair

Old 09-07-2008, 08:57 PM

775 posts, read 2,589,633 times
Default Thanks Hunter

Thanks for the Offer to talk to this Snake Bit lady Hunter her name is Terry and Works at that Convenience and gas store in Encino. pintada kid at webtv.net

Old 09-08-2008, 09:25 AM

12 posts, read 56,788 times
I was bitten in NM 2006 and it cost me 34K for just the hospital bill~ am two yeards later still paying to get relief from the pain and damage~ Acupunture, Hypnosis, Lyrica med*
My wuff/dog was bitten almost two years later to the date of my bite in 2006 and paid over 5K for her stay in severe trauma unit two blood transfusions, many plasma treatemts,,,snake bite is not cheap* anti-ven for horse 500 bucks* if all they need is a shot, but there are many other treatments that may be necessary, antibiotics, pain meds,, yes, snake boots are cheaper*

Old 12-03-2008, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,817 times
Hunter Wold, I was bitten in August by a Copperhead. My hospital stay (14 hours) and antivenim (Crofab) was billed to my insurance company at over $73,000! Pharmacy part was over $67,000. Crofab was billed at $8000/vial. Have checked and see that Crofab can be purchased for around $1200/vial at several online pharmacies. What can a person do about this overbilling situation? Am at my wits end. This is totally outrageous. BTW, my insurance company paid only $42,100 of this bill, which I feel was an overpayment! Am in the process of contacting a medical billing advocate to dispute these ridiculous charges.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 AM

7,525 posts, read 17,001,100 times
One of the things you should be aware of when crossing lands where snakes are.......rattlers don't rattle as much as they used to.

Throughout man's history every time we hear a rattle, we kill the snake. Those that don't rattle survive to breed. You need to be aware of this in snake country and recognize the terrain and places a snake is likely to be. It isn't certain, but don't wait to hear the rattle, it may not happen.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico