Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 05:04 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times

Advertisements

That's what we have is dell city. It's okay and better than dial up but not as fast as cable internet. It does the job though.
When ya'll gonna be here, this week or next?
On Tues. and Thurs. afternoon now, there is a line dancing thing going on in the lodge. It started today and I went. Your wife and mom might want to do it too. So far, only ladies have attended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 05:11 PM

215 posts, read 840,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
Please don't spread club house gossip!
I heard this from NMRW. Do they spread gossip? Better call them if you think so. If I were shopping for land, I would call NMRW directly. Don't assume I'm spreading gossip. Water issues are important, and people who are shopping for land deserve to know what they need to look for.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:18 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,231 times
Thumbs up Saturday nights alright for.....

How did that song go? Anyway we will be up Saturday night. That sounds right up Terri's alley. DSL through the phone line is all we have here too.
But it beats the dial up which is all we could get a few years ago. I guess I was born to stay technically challenged! LOL

Old 09-16-2008, 05:22 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecc View Post
I heard this from NMRW. Do they spread gossip? Better call them if you think so. If I were shopping for land, I would call NMRW directly. Don't assume I'm spreading gossip. Water issues are important, and people who are shopping for land deserve to know what they need to look for.
Well who ever is spreading that we are losing 80 percent of our water into the ground for leaks is spreading gossip! So who is the name of your source! The State would take over the water board if that was true.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:29 PM

215 posts, read 840,083 times
I apologize if the info is wrong. You really should take this up with the organization if it is misinformed. I agree with you that it would be a gross inaccuracy if indeed it is not true (or was not true at some point in the past). I don't see why a state organization would spread such lies. I would look into this if I were you. I don't know the name of the person, but the association is easy enough to contact. I would like to hear about whatever you find out.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 AM

25 posts, read 58,325 times
How long does it take to get from Ruidoso to Las Cruces, or even El Paso? Is Roswell a city with more to offer than UFOs? Shopping? I'm hoping to be less than two hours away from a decent sized city -- but according to Google Maps Ruidoso may be further than that. Not that that would take Ruidoso off the list, just something else to consider.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,683 times
Ruidoso is 1 hr from Alamogordo, and we are 70-80 miles from LC or EP. But fast going as its 70+ to drive on the 4 lanes. It would be about 2-2 1/2 hrs depending where you are going.
As for Roswell, someone else will have to answer that as I am not sure.
Jane

Old 10-13-2008, 10:38 PM

3 posts, read 3,782 times
Question Looking to Relocate to Ruidoso

Hello everyone!
We are seriously considering relocating to Ruidoso next year.My husband currently is working in Hobbs New Mexico,and our "home" is 6 hours away....we thought of relocating to be "alil" closer to him and making weekends home not such a long haul!

My husband went to Ruidoso and found it very pretty! Ive done much research,trying to find out crime rates,how the schools rate,etc...
The one major issue we have encountered is locating a list of rental homes...we'd love to rent for a year and see if we truly love it there

The home we are sorta seeking is a two story possibly,...4 bedrooms...The home we are currently in is 2800 sq foot and would like to staying in this size or larger..I understand large homes are rare?? I did call on a few rentals listed on Craigslist,but to find they were only 1500 sq ft 3 bedroom homes

Also,looking for any input on how the schools rate there?
I have four boys,three in school now,two in elementry,one in middle school...
Any information would be wonderful!

Im thinking we will head out for a visit the second week of Nov to look around...
Any cabin rental recommendations??

Glad i found this site! Seems very informative

Thanks so much!

Old 10-15-2008, 11:08 AM

Ok,im new to this...haha,i logged on to check any replies to my previous post,says there is 37 replies,but...i cant seem to get to them?
What am I doing wrong here?? Help?

Old 10-15-2008, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 23 times

Wondering,if the 37 replies was to my original post of to everything in the thread?
I was hoping for some relocation info,but cant seem to see,if there was at all any responses to my original post.
Im unsure how to navigate my way around on here

any help would be appreciated
Thanks guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico