Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 03:09 PM

775 posts, read 2,588,356 times

Advertisements

The Center of New Mexico gets its first Snow around October every year. At 6 and 7000 ft it can get to 20 below or Colder in the Winter. The Center of N.M. gets its last Snow the end of May. It Snowed June 13th many years ago. Summers rarely get to 100 degrees and nights can get down in the 40s in the Summer. So far the Coldest its gotten at night is 37 degrees in the center of N.M. The Next two or three days might be rain in New Mexico possibly turning into Snow along with the Wind. el pintada kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 03:21 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Rainy and gloomy day in Timberon. Not quite cold enough for snow yet. Wish it was.
I want to be snowed in.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:59 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,231 times
Exclamation Be careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Rainy and gloomy day in Timberon. Not quite cold enough for snow yet. Wish it was.
I want to be snowed in.
Be careful what you wish for Song! I don't want to have to come dig y'all out of the snow next May! LOL
Always remember and never forget. Where ever you go, There you are!!!

Pipeweld

Old 10-11-2008, 11:01 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Rainy and real windy all day today. Expecting hail and on a Tornado watch right now :S Expecting snow on Monday it says.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:35 AM

Default I Like The Snow

I like the Snow because when its windy and cold and the Snow comes down the Wind usually Stops and if it doesnt then we have Blizzard Conditions. In the Winter with lots of Snow and zero temps the Wind can make it look like its snowing by blowing the Snow around all day. Those are days that you just want to Curl up with a Good Book or Watch a Good Movie on TV and stay inside for a few Days. Pintada Kid Tip >>>> Usually when you will start catching Colds is when the Weather is Changing so dont catch a chill or walk without shoes on a Cold Floor and take some Vitamin C and when you turn on your Gas Heaters it takes a month or two to get used to the Fumes from the Gas Heaters. Kind of like living where theres Smog after Awhile you get used to it. TIP >>>> I usually open my Doors and windows even in the Winter on a Nice Day to Ventilate the House. In Fact When i Vacuum or Dust i like to do it with the Doors open and i NEVER Vacuum in the Late Afternoon or at night. el pintada kid

Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 AM

550 posts, read 1,550,231 times
Thumbs up High Efficient Particulate Air Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
I like the Snow because when its windy and cold and the Snow comes down the Wind usually Stops and if it doesnt then we have Blizzard Conditions. In the Winter with lots of Snow and zero temps the Wind can make it look like its snowing by blowing the Snow around all day. Those are days that you just want to Curl up with a Good Book or Watch a Good Movie on TV and stay inside for a few Days. Pintada Kid Tip >>>> Usually when you will start catching Colds is when the Weather is Changing so dont catch a chill or walk without shoes on a Cold Floor and take some Vitamin C and when you turn on your Gas Heaters it takes a month or two to get used to the Fumes from the Gas Heaters. Kind of like living where theres Smog after Awhile you get used to it. TIP >>>> I usually open my Doors and windows even in the Winter on a Nice Day to Ventilate the House. In Fact When i Vacuum or Dust i like to do it with the Doors open and i NEVER Vacuum in the Late Afternoon or at night. el pintada kid
PK, You should get a vacuum with a HEPA filter. This will remove 99 percent of the dust and mites in your air when you vacuum.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
Be careful what you wish for Song! I don't want to have to come dig y'all out of the snow next May! LOL
Always remember and never forget. Where ever you go, There you are!!!

Pipeweld
I'm still wishing. I've never been snowed in before and I was raised in Colorado.
Pintada, I like open windows too. Fresh air, yes.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:39 PM

Default I Have A Rainbow

Thanks for the tip Pipeweld i have a Rainbow Vaccum Cleaner but i still dont like it that much although its very good at picking up dirt and dust it still throws some dust out into the Air. I would think most Vaccuum Cleaners are that Way Does anyone have a Suggestion on Good Vaccuum Cleaners? You Would think that with todays Technology they would not need to use bags for the Dirt anymore. el pintada kid

Old 10-12-2008, 02:45 PM

713 posts, read 1,846,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
Thanks for the tip Pipeweld i have a Rainbow Vaccum Cleaner but i still dont like it that much although its very good at picking up dirt and dust it still throws some dust out into the Air. I would think most Vaccuum Cleaners are that Way Does anyone have a Suggestion on Good Vaccuum Cleaners? You Would think that with todays Technology they would not need to use bags for the Dirt anymore. el pintada kid
Most new vacuums don't use bags and have HEPA filters. I take it you haven't shopped for a vacuum for awhile!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:16 PM

I have a vacuum without a bag but I still like the ones with bags the best.
I wish I could pull up the carpets and have bare floors. Using a broom is so much easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico