Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:07 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,217,868 times

Advertisements

Well, I have more fat on myself than I would prefer, and I feel like hibernating since we've got freezing rain in Fort Worth. Maybe I should try to gain more weight rather than losing it, if it is a gateway to a cosmic force that predicts weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 08:03 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,615,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
My guess is all animals have fat or a way to feel the weather coming even man. Maybe Animals that Hibernate have stronger predicting Fat. hmmmm i wonder what Rattie fat would do in a jar on my South facing window? el pintada kid
I'm really not coming to your house for dinner.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:35 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,733,154 times
Quote:
. . . hmmmm i wonder what Rattie fat would do in a jar on my South facing window? el pintada kid
Attract critters would be my guess.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:51 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,037,393 times
Can't the weather be predicted by cute fuzzy wooly worms rather than a jar of rancid bear fat? *ugh*

Old 12-16-2008, 01:15 PM

464 posts, read 1,158,630 times
yuck!
I'd be careful with that, can be very dangerous when decomposing materials keeps expanding in the jar; and it gets the slightest 'tap' and Explodes. Glass shrapnel flies everywhere, slicing everything in it's way

Had a patient come in to the ER, jar exploded under his driver seat while driving down the road. He'd forgotten about it. Sliced his calf to pieces, knee to ankle and WE got the lucky job of digging the pieces of glass out before he was stitched up He had nerve damage on top of it.
Not worth it, not pretty.

Just my 2¢ And it's still totally gross

Tia Dalma

Old 12-16-2008, 07:43 PM

775 posts, read 2,590,215 times
Default Fat doesnt Explode

If it did we would have all the Crisco Cans and meat at the Super Markets exploding in their Plastics. Bear Fat just loses its predicting powers after a year or two but it doesnt explode. If you want to be careful with explosions watch those 5 gal propane heater bottles that people keep in their homes to keep warm if they leak or are knocked over they could level a house. Also some people like those big Candles they are known to explode and start fires but lots of people dont know this. el pintada kid

Old 12-18-2008, 04:13 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,947,913 times
where are you getting the bear fat pinata? are you hunting the bears?

Old 12-26-2008, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,637 times
Default Bear Fat

Is it still possible to purchase bear fat in Cloudcroft? If so, who would I contact? If not, any other place? My family is from the Mayhill area (Dockray, Curtis, Bates, and Possey familes). My parents or Dwight and Jeanette Fulton who live right below the Weed turn-off. I've told the story about George Wimstat many times to kids in Tennessee but no one believes me.

I really would like to get some and show the Tennesseans something...

Tim

Old 12-26-2008, 01:07 PM

775 posts, read 2,590,215 times
Default Bear Fat Tip

There was a lady in Cloudcroft named Peaches at one of the little stores there that gave me some and a chart that showed the different changes in the Bear Fat. She was a nice pretty lady and that was about 20 years ago or more. I took the Bear fat home and put it in a jar on the South facing window and it was Amazing to me that the fat could break up into little pieces on windy days and turn clear as water on nice days and when a Snowstorm was coming it would turn like snow and a snowdrift in the direction of the storm. I think that Scientist could learn about weather predicting wih Bear Fat. KID TIP .. I would think the easiest way to find bear Fat is put an Ad in the Ruidoso paper they probably have plenty of Bear Fat and BEARs all over that area or might be looking for someone to thin them out. el pintada kid

Old 08-15-2009, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,476 times
Quote:
YOUre missing the point Domino i didnt say Bear fat was going to improve weather reporting but sometimes it will Amaze you what it will do theres more to it then just what i wrote. It does turn yellowish after a year or two but if you live in BEAR country like Song does you can replace it every year. I got my Bear Fat in Cloudcroft years ago some lady named Peaches gave me some. I need to go back up there for More. el pintada kid
Wow when i was in Cloudcroft 20+ years ago a lady had bearfat in here window . It was the coolest thing i ever saw. i have been telling people about it. i want some!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico