Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:06 PM

146 posts, read 369,395 times

Advertisements

We are planing a trip to New Mexico in June and i will be bring my boat so if anyone can tell me some great lake locations for are trip this will help are planing thanks .................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 03:29 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,970 times
Where are you coming from? I ask this because if you are used to lakes with trees and foliage, you will be mostly disappointed. Our "lakes" are more like sterile reservoirs. If you are used to fishing brown reservoirs, you might enjoy it. Otherwise, may I suggest you try one of our many rivers or streams. I have had great luck on the Rio Grande in mid April and in September in the upper gorge.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:10 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,412,329 times
We have some great lakes at our State parks. Tell us what route oure coming in and we can guide u from there.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:24 AM

146 posts, read 369,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
We have some great lakes at our State parks. Tell us what route oure coming in and we can guide u from there.
i will be coming from Califonia this will be a 2 week trip i would like to try a few lakes

Old 01-24-2009, 09:44 AM

125 posts, read 453,550 times
Default some lakes for you

Heron Lake is nice. It's a real blue, cold water, fairly large one up in northern NM. You can fish for lake trout, kokanee salmon there. I believe it's a wakeless lake if I remember.

Conchas lake in western NM is a huge, recreational lake with lots of visitors in the summer. It's nice. My boss, his girlfriend, me and my wife went there last summer and took his boat out and had a blast. You can jet-ski, fish, etc. and camp on the shore in designated campgrounds.

Cochiti is okay. It's a small lake between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. It's wake-less. THe've got lots of designated campgrounds/RV, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfam4 View Post
We are planing a trip to New Mexico in June and i will be bring my boat so if anyone can tell me some great lake locations for are trip this will help are planing thanks .................

Old 01-25-2009, 10:57 AM

4,468 posts, read 8,006,141 times
Default Gila river...

Anyone ever fish the Gila down by Glenwood and or Lake Roberts area.
Just wonder what the fishing is like down there..

Any fishing spots around and or south of Reserve that are good.

HW..

Old 01-25-2009, 02:28 PM

143 posts, read 364,929 times
Default Other side of state

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmposting View Post
Heron Lake is nice. It's a real blue, cold water, fairly large one up in northern NM. You can fish for lake trout, kokanee salmon there. I believe it's a wakeless lake if I remember.

Conchas lake in western NM is a huge, recreational lake with lots of visitors in the summer. It's nice. My boss, his girlfriend, me and my wife went there last summer and took his boat out and had a blast. You can jet-ski, fish, etc. and camp on the shore in designated campgrounds.

Cochiti is okay. It's a small lake between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. It's wake-less. THe've got lots of designated campgrounds/RV, etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conchas Lake is in NE NM...Elephant Butte reservoir is more on the western
side of the state

Old 01-25-2009, 06:12 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
Here's some links to lake roberts, new mexico.
Lake Roberts Cabins |Resort Vacation| Family Reunions
http://www.zianet.com/scoot36/gila/roberts.html
http://www.spiritcanyon.com/

http://www.desertusa.com/mag01/feb/stories/lake.html
http://www.lakerobertsmotel.com/

Quote:

Old 01-26-2009, 08:49 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,628,085 times
Quote:
Kinda depends on what kind of boat do you have....bass, flat, inboard or bowrider etc...and what type of fish do you catch??

Old 01-27-2009, 03:13 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times
Does NM require us to have a fishing license?
I know some states require you to have one and some states require it for some but not all and in some places, no license is required at all but you still need to pay for the fish you catch.
We have some lakes here in the mountains with fish but not large enough for a motorboat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico