Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:25 PM

557 posts, read 2,612,337 times

Advertisements

So, I drive 75 miles to the "local" library and fill out applications and other paper work..then take the U.S. CENSUS BUREAU TEST...and get a 98% (only after I had to point out to the person correcting it.that she made a mistake in SUBTRACTION)...AND then I was told to follow up in 10 days-15days.
I followed up and I was told that "we have NO record of you being there or taking a test...
Said to call back later...call back couple days later and oh...we have a sign in sheet that shows you were there...."what were you there for"?
HUH...like I was there to take the test and I filled out the application and took the test etc....by this time I am really wondering how the U.S. GOV'T. expects to handle the 2010 census and can't even find applications/tests for census workers.

I have worked as a census supervisior 2x before and a locator once before.

But, these folks think they are competent...

So, she says " keep checking back maybe it will turn up....I am thinking you are a 'turnip'"..
Oh, maybe have to retake it later if it offered in my area again....

What b........s.......

Stay tuned...
sin FOR HW

[+] Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 06:44 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,353,229 times
Welcome to the world of U.S. government where the people are idiots and incompetence is plentiful.
How do you spell U.S. Government??
D-U-M-B-A-S-S

Old 04-18-2009, 08:12 AM

229 posts, read 656,118 times
Song, I am in agreeance with you on that subject, the government by far is not as smart as they seem to want us to believe. You don't have to be a lawyer to be stupid.
Anita

Old 04-18-2009, 08:16 AM

18,229 posts, read 25,887,766 times
All you have to do is take a look at the Fanny Fae and Freddy Mac boondoggle in the mortgage scam, er, industry. What a colossal mess!

Old 04-18-2009, 10:44 AM

143 posts, read 365,051 times
Default & they want to do MUCH more!

Let's NOT forget the very effective USPS - NOT! and how well they have taken care of our Social Security program......& now they are going to control Health care, car industry, banks, etc, etc,.

need I say more?

Old 04-18-2009, 11:07 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,353,229 times
Pretty soon, they'll be in our homes telling us what sexual positions we can and cannot use.
I think that's a religious thing and soon it will be government.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:48 AM

229 posts, read 656,118 times
That is the way they want it to go. The government is not wanting us to have any say so at all.
If you ever watched a movie with Arnold called Total Recall you will see how we are going to be in the near future. One banking system so the government can control how we live. Just look at your lic. and see the strip on the back, it tells the police and others how you live, where you live what your medical background is etc. i know that this is not the only movie that shows this, but if they made it on the screen it is not to far out there that it is going to be that way in the future.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:53 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,346,801 times
And these are the people that make decisions on how to spend your money!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:45 PM

977 posts, read 1,958,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Pretty soon, they'll be in our homes telling us what sexual positions we can and cannot use.
I think that's a religious thing and soon it will be government.

If you are a member of the military, they already do. According to the UCMJ, the missionary position is the only one allowed. Not sure how often that has been enforced though.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:25 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,806,646 times
The words "missionary position" are not even in the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). You are probably thinking of Article 125 where it deals with "unnatural acts". And if you think that any sexual act other than the missionary position is unnatural, then well, you might think the myth is true.

Look it up in the UCMJ...

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico