Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,360,109 times

Advertisements

I've met him up at the lounge and he is a character. Very nice guy.

My dogs have a playmate on Riverside and we were wondering if they were home yet but Buster just showed up here as he does daily so they must be home.

I've got to go to Alamo again today to the chiropractor and do some shopping.
If anyone is reading this and needs me to pick up anything for them, send me a dm. I'm leaving at 10 and will be back around 4 or 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 08:55 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,026,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egglady View Post
Hey Song, if you see Spud, he's carrying around a melted motor in the back of his truck, showing people what the fire did in his yard (his house is OK). That Spud - he's a character!
Wonder if he will have it still in the truck when we get back..LOL Spud is a great guy.

Nan, I am 1 hr earlier than you are. Wish I was there, to do whatever. Maybe help Audrey cooking for the fire fighters. If you see her tell her I said hi.

Jane

Old 05-08-2009, 09:08 AM

5 posts, read 9,303 times
Thank you Lord for answered prayer, Halalua, Amen!! I know not all prayer were answered, some did loose their homes and other things, but we do know it could have been a lot worse. Most important no lives lost. Thank you again Lord. Salt Flat and Dell City still have you in our prayers.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:20 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,434 times
Default Rain Dance

I'm glad to see things have calmed down some. Not too much damage. Everyone take a deep breath and try to relax a bit. Hopefully it will be a good weekend. I think everybody needs to do a rain dance for the entire southwest! We neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed rain!!! No lightening please.

Santa Barbara is such a beautiful area and it is in flames and not getting any better.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:56 AM

2 posts, read 4,112 times
Thanks for the update. Does it look like the per cent of containment is higher than 20% now? I sure hope so. We are so looking forward to getting back there soon. Thanks for responding. I will continue to monitor the site and will keep everyone in our prayers.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:01 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,411,749 times
Just came back from town where I talked to Donna (Donna and Butch lost their home). She is still a little shaken but is grateful for the fact that she and Butch got out safe with all their animals and two vehicles and feels blessed that what they lost "was just material things". They were at home when the fire came, and had just loaded the last goat and were driving out when the fire jumped the road. They do have a place to stay.

blue-eyes-smile I saw your mom and gave her your message.

For those of you who asked about returning to restricted areas: John just called up to the fire station and talked to Rose. She said the restrictions are still up and she probably won't get an update until this afternoon.

There's a spotter plane flying high, I guess keeping an eye on things, and the Channel 7 copter cruising around. That's all the air traffic I've seen.

Nan

Old 05-08-2009, 10:06 AM

16 posts, read 28,924 times
Sorry I know that this is off topic, but to Nan. I went to your website and was fascinated. do you keep the eggs in stock or are they made to order? Can I send a design or symbol to be transferred to the egg?

Old 05-08-2009, 10:10 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,411,749 times
Thanks ESmac I'll send you a DM

Old 05-08-2009, 10:46 AM

20 posts, read 37,370 times
Agencies that have helped us here in Timberon:

Alamogordo
Bureau of Land Management
Bureau of Indian Affairs
California (not sure where in CA)
Capitan
Cloudcroft
Dungan
Elco, Nevada
Fort Apache
Fort Apache Hotshots
Hondo
James Canyon
Mescalero
Riodoso
Sacramento Hotshots
Santa Fe
State of New Mexico
Sunspot
US Forest Service

Otero County Sheriffs Department
Cloudcroft Police Department

Thank you!

Last edited by Zhudizhudizhudi; 05-08-2009 at 11:18 AM..

Old 05-08-2009, 10:53 AM

24 posts, read 61,723 times
Hi all!
As I have sat and read every entry on this forum thread, I have really come to realize what a great community we have bought into. We have loved the area for a few years and have only had property for a couple of years. We looked in a lot of different places for a place to build a cabin in the woods. We even went to the great northwest to look. We are so glad that we decided on Timberon. I have been blessed and even a little bit amazed at the closeness and care of people writing here. I am going to be even happier than I knew to be a part of this wonderful community of supportive and genuine people!!!
Bev
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico