Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:22 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,240,621 times

Advertisements

Oh no, lowriders and motorcycles in a small New Mexican town, how unexpected and wrong.

Last edited by rybert; 07-13-2009 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 07:57 PM

194 posts, read 567,987 times
Ya we decided to head to the NW and check it out. We wont be deciding on where we buy until we have seen the other areas and have something to compare everything to.

Will keep you posted.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:20 AM

14 posts, read 38,322 times
This could be why there were so many bikers in Taos last weekend
This is from the Taos news

Crosstown traffic could get to you

By Andy Dennison

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 12:53 PM MDT

In tourist traffic terms, a Perfect Storm is descending upon Taos this coming weekend (July 10-11).

The traditional Taos Pueblo Pow-Wow and the new Taos Mountain Motorcycle Rally both hit town Friday through Sunday.

The stretch of Paseo del Pueblo Norte between Kachina Lodge and Civic Plaza Drive will be lined with motorcycles. While the road through the middle of town will remain open, motorists are strongly adviced to seek ways around the plaza area.

The pow-wow runs Friday to Sunday in pastures north of the Overland Sheepskin Company on Ben Romero Road. Once you get through the middle town, it should be easy sailing to the turn on the right.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:54 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,358,827 times
I went to Taos last year for their spinning and weaving fair and Ido remember how bad the traffic was. We managed to find a good parking spot and just walked everywhere we wanted to. I will say it was one of the best fiber fairs I've been too. I think I'll take another weaving class from a shop that teaches advance weaving there right across from the fair grounds. Now, we were there when there were no fairs and had no trouble getting around as long as it wasn't the coming home from work traffic. I personally would not move to Taos because it is a larger type city. You can find wonderful places to live out side of that city like on enchantment circle. Angel Fire didn't impress me as much as Red River did. Of course Red River got you at 10000 feet up. You better love skiing!!

Old 07-14-2009, 07:20 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydog View Post
Angel Fire is overinflated in price that its just rediculous. $69k for .75 acres, not even on city sewer.
It's not rediculous to the person selling the property. If others didn't think it was worth that kind of money they wouldn't buy and the price would drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydog View Post
No thanks.
That's the right attitude. No one is forcing anyone to buy.

Actually, you can't touch .75 acres in NE Albuquerque for less than $250k from what I've seen. If it's bordering the reservation or National Forest, you're going to need more digits.

I'm sure that there are prospective buyers saying how rediculous the prices are "there."

Old 07-14-2009, 08:15 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,358,827 times
That is my problem, eastern Oklahoma is so reasonable, taxes so low. I have 300 acres that translates in Northern New Mexico as a few acres!!! I just hate the heat here and I double I want to ranch forever.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:30 AM

1,938 posts, read 4,761,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
I went to Taos last year for their spinning and weaving fair and I do remember how bad the traffic was. We managed to find a good parking spot and just walked everywhere we wanted to. I will say it was one of the best fiber fairs I've been too.
Thanks for that info. Debbie is a fanatic knitter and she's planning to go to
that fair this year. We were planning to drive and ride up (her with the car,
me on the bike), and while she attended the fair, I'd spend a couple days exploring
the area (already did the Enchanted loop).

Any advice about the fair? Vendors / teachers to seek out? Ones to avoid?

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:30 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,240,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
It's not rediculous to the person selling the property. If others didn't think it was worth that kind of money they wouldn't buy and the price would drop.

That's the right attitude. No one is forcing anyone to buy.

Actually, you can't touch .75 acres in NE Albuquerque for less than $250k from what I've seen. If it's bordering the reservation or National Forest, you're going to need more digits.

I'm sure that there are prospective buyers saying how rediculous the prices are "there."
Shoot. There are a few tiny lots up on the escaprment (West side) going for $200k+... $69k near Taos seems pretty reasonable in comparison.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 AM

4,916 posts, read 4,873,023 times
Quote:
I went to Taos last year for their spinning and weaving fair and Ido remember how bad the traffic was. We managed to find a good parking spot and just walked everywhere we wanted to. I will say it was one of the best fiber fairs I've been too. I think I'll take another weaving class from a shop that teaches advance weaving there right across from the fair grounds. Now, we were there when there were no fairs and had no trouble getting around as long as it wasn't the coming home from work traffic. I personally would not move to Taos because it is a larger type city. You can find wonderful places to live out side of that city like on enchantment circle. Angel Fire didn't impress me as much as Red River did. Of course Red River got you at 10000 feet up. You better love skiing!!
Debbie, are you referring to the Taos Fiber festival in October? 2009 Taos Wool Festival (http://www.taoswoolfestival.org/WoolFestival.html - broken link)

We've gone the last few years and a friend flies in every year from Michigan to go with us. I'm not the one into fiber things, but it's supposed to be one of the biggies. It is entertaining and informative for fiber know-nothings like me.

We went ot the Pagosa Springs Fiber fest earlier this year and it was about half the size of the Taos festival.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,119,751 times
Quote:
That is my problem, eastern Oklahoma is so reasonable, taxes so low. I have 300 acres that translates in Northern New Mexico as a few acres!!! I just hate the heat here and I double I want to ranch forever.
Note the three rules in real estate valuation:

Location.
............ < and >
............ ............ Location.
............ ............ ............ < and >
............ ............ ............ ............ Location.

Acreage/scenery/climate <---- not so important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico