Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 08:48 AM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
I'm not too sure that the big food suppliers have hit this place yet. They have their own bbq smoker out back, the brisket and pork pull sandwiches are pretty dan g good. It's in hatch.

Hatch, NM Barbeque, Coffeehouse :: Sparkys BBQ, Espresso, and More!
Unless they've got feed lots and a slaughterhouse out back by the smoker you better believe they're buying from big food suppliers, both distributors and the mega packing houses like IPB and Smithfield.
There's nothing wrong with that, by the way. I'll look forward to a visit to Sparky's the next time I'm headed North. Thanks for the tip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 10:38 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Back in 1969, I lived in Kansas City, Missouri, and Gates & Son had the best bbq'd beef I ever had. Believe it or not, Gates is still in business and were featured recently on the travel channel.

Portillo's, found in the Chicago area had the best Italian beef sandwiches, but, like some people say here, they probably get their supplies from the big food distributers, sysco, etc.. But, I especially liked the fries because they were thick, tasted like real potatoes, and were really crispy on the outside.

Gates Bar B.Q.

Jordy's hot dog stand, Waukegan, Illinois has the best foot longs, great real fried potatoes, and Italian bombers in the north shore area of Northern Illinois. They don't have a web page, but this is where they're located.

Jordy's Hot Dogs
29 North Genesee Street
waukegan
IL

I think when we wonder where does this food item come from, it can raise some serious health questions. Was it last year, tomatoes from Mexico? Spinach from wherever?

I just bought some golden delicious apples from a local here in Sierra County, they're dwarf sized, but are sweet, and the best part, I know where they came from, and no pesticides were used on the tree!

Old 08-29-2009, 07:07 PM

5,431 posts, read 29,174,116 times
Saw This place on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives-
Tune Up Cafe in Santa Fe
Looks like a lot of real cooking...Shows him making the Chiles Rellenos from scratch.on my list of places to go to...anyone been there?

www.tuneupcafe.com

Last edited by BloomingArtist; 08-29-2009 at 07:47 PM..

Old 08-29-2009, 08:06 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,948 times
Looks like we have two New Mexico restaurant threads now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico