Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 05:32 PM

95 posts, read 184,520 times

Advertisements

How are the relations between anglos and Mexicans in New Mexico? I realize no two towns are the same, but generally speaking. Is there much inter-marriage between the two groups?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:42 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,880,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobelover View Post
How are the relations between anglos and Mexicans in New Mexico? I realize no two towns are the same, but generally speaking. Is there much inter-marriage between the two groups?
Makes me wonder on how many forums you've pasted this same thread...so far, I've seen it on the Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado forums. Did you do all of them?!? LOL!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:50 PM

95 posts, read 184,520 times
I am doing some research, yes I did!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:30 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,922 times
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think New Mexicans of Hispanic descent are New Mexicans, not Mexicans. Are you asking if Anglos are marrying Mexican immigrants?
Researchers tend to be more careful or precise about wording.....

Old 09-04-2009, 07:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think New Mexicans of Hispanic descent are New Mexicans, not Mexicans. Are you asking if Anglos are marrying Mexican immigrants?
Researchers tend to be more careful or precise about wording.....
great post...

Nita

Old 09-04-2009, 08:09 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,918,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Makes me wonder on how many forums you've pasted this same thread...so far, I've seen it on the Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado forums. Did you do all of them?!? LOL!
I have to wonder what the motive is myself. I replied to it on the Texas forum differently than I will here.

It should be self-evident that a state named "NEW Mexico" is going to have a very stable relationship between the differing cultures - especially considering the large number of Indian reservations - to say nothing of the old-line Spanish land grant communities.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,084,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl
... New Mexicans of Hispanic descent are New Mexicans, not Mexicans. ...
That was my immediate thought also.

Does he mean Mexicans - Mexican citizens living in Mexico?
Does he mean Mexicans - Mexican immigrants living in New Mexico?
Does he mean Hispanics? - People from Guatemala, Cuba, Panama, et al ...
Hispanics living South of the border in their own country?
Hispanic immigrants?
Hispanics who have lived here all their lives and were born here?

Hispanics who have family trees going so far back that they have absolutely no ties to anyplace South of the US border at all?

People who are children of one Hispanic parent and one Anglo parent, but who are considered "Hispanic" because of surname?

People who are mixed-race white-Asian who *look* Hispanic?
:
or
:
most likely ...
:
Is this a troll?

Note that a troll is a post that trolls. One who makes
the post or does the trolling is a troller, not a troll.

Even if the original post was titled "Anglo-Hispanic Relations" it would still appear to
me that it was posted by someone very suspicious and NOT a neutral "researcher."

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-05-2009 at 11:06 PM..

Old 09-04-2009, 11:12 AM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
That was my immediate thought also.

Does he mean Mexicans - Mexican citizens living in Mexico?
Does he mean Mexicans - Mexican immigrants living in New Mexico?
Does he mean Hispanics? - People from Guatemala, Cuba, Panama, et al ...
Hispanics living South of the border in their own country?
Hispanic immigrants?
Hispanics who have lived here all their lives and were born here?

Hispanics who have family trees going so far back that they have absolutely no ties to anyplace South of the US border at all?

People who are children of one Hispanic parent and one Anglo parent, but who are considered "Hispanic" because of surname?

People who are mixed-race white-Asian who *look* Hispanic?
:
or
:
most likely ...
:
Is this a troll?

Note that a troll is a post that trolls. One who makes
theb post or does the trolling is a troller, not a troll.

Even if the original post was titled "Anglo-Hispanic Relations" it would still appear to
me that it was posted by someone very suspicious and NOT a neutral "researcher."
Exactly.
The next "research question" will probably be about Mexican immigrants getting free Obamacare while white citizens are put to death in their sleep on their 65th birthday LOL ...

Old 09-04-2009, 12:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
He also is posting comments on the Mexico boards, one asked if men thought Mexican women have the most beautiful feet and legs in the world.

I guess he is doing research on female anatomy as well.

Nita

Old 09-04-2009, 01:13 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,084,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
I guess he is doing research on female anatomy as well.
Isn't that what mirrored sunglasses are for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico