Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 PM

1,732 posts, read 4,451,383 times

Advertisements

Jeez, my four year old is more adventurous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 07:04 PM

"Ick. Think I will pass. Never had talapia or rockfish. Do not like cabbage. What is crema?

I only like lemon on fish, not a fan of limes.

Guess the rest of you can have my fish tacos."

You've never had talapia or rockfish, you don't like cabbage ( which has no taste, but crunch ), don't know what crema is, and probably have never had Mexican limons which are more like key limes. So based on your dislike of one item which is optional, you'll never try them.

Makes sense.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:07 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
Than what?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:16 PM

Sorry, than the above 2 posters who won't try them..

Old 09-15-2009, 07:29 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
They can have my fish tacos too. Yuck!
LOL!! Well....if I ever make it to Ruidoso, I'll invite you both over for fish tacos on the grill.....ours (made just outside of Austin, TX) were wonderful.

But then....most homemade stuff is.

I was over there (Ruidoso) a couple of weeks ago....just didn't find anything I really wanted to make an offer on.

:-(

Old 09-15-2009, 09:33 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,365,235 times
Quote:
"Ick. Think I will pass. Never had talapia or rockfish. Do not like cabbage. What is crema?

I only like lemon on fish, not a fan of limes.

Guess the rest of you can have my fish tacos."

You've never had talapia or rockfish, you don't like cabbage ( which has no taste, but crunch ), don't know what crema is, and probably have never had Mexican limons which are more like key limes. So based on your dislike of one item which is optional, you'll never try them.

Makes sense.
You need to remember I am not from around here. We don't have talapia or rockfish in Maine. At least, not that I am aware of. I am used to eating haddock, which I've yet to find out here.

A staple in Maine is New England Boiled Dinner which has boiled cabbage in it and I do not like cabbage fixed anyway.

No I do not know what crema is, and guess I won't find out from you.

And, not I have not had Mexican limons.

I see many items in the produce departments here, but I have no idea of what they are or how to fix them. Am I damned to hell for that also??

Old 09-15-2009, 09:34 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,365,235 times
Quote:
Well, bully for your four year old.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:39 PM

"Am I damned to hell for that also??"

I have no idea, but I doubt it.

I just can't believe you would not try fish tacos. I have never had New England Boiled Dinner, but I would try it.

Squid in its own ink...tried it ( it tasted like sucking on a bic pen ) Horse..tried it...pretty sure the bulgogi I had once was dog, but I can't prove it. Part of the adventure is trying new things.

Cathy, fire up the grill. I can bring the limons.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,030,026 times
Cathy, can I come down?

I LOVE fish tacos!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:27 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,918,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
Tacos!
Fish Tacos = Tacky Tacos!

I mentioned how much I like the rolled tacos - but no one picked up on that post (yet) and I'm wondering if all of you gourmet taco aficionados know if they have a specific name? I think they do, but not sure. I've seen them referred to in commercial packaging as "taquitos" but not sure if that's what they would be called "officially" (in Mexico?).

For those who are puzzled about what I'm referring to :

These appear not to be hard shell ones, which is what I much prefer. But they are similar in shape. Not a very appetizing photo, IMO. I also mentioned that I like the filling to be made from "blood sausage" and the entire taco baked until the shell is crunchy-hard.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico