Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:16 PM

4 posts, read 14,717 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Raised in Tucson the stucco and concrete block fences (in the newer sub-divisions of the 60’s and 70’s) were simply part the landscape growing up.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I moved to Fort Worth, Tx with the wooden 6’ ‘stockade’ fences in ’73 and crowding 70 now I can’t begin to tell you how much I miss those masonry fences. I guess sometimes it’s the little things in life. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]But probably the reason the masonry fences are in Arizona and New Mexico just goes back to the fact that wood is scarce and more expensive in the desert. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Regards, desert roots[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 03:17 PM

54 posts, read 116,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angielee001 View Post
After looking at many NM real estate properties on the internet, I've noticed that the backyards to not have a wooden fence but rather a concrete wall. What's the reasoning for the wall over a fence?
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but often, especially in new developments that are on unlevel ground, the block/rock/concrete walls serve (sometimes effectively, sometimes not) as an attempt to keep your neighbor's yard from washing into yours when it rains. Take a look in the newer developments in the hills around Dona Ana outside of Las Cruces. When you buy, consider how the ground beneath your property will be affected by heavy rain. Had a friend find out the hard way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico