Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 11:28 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,750,857 times

Advertisements

Between Truchas & Penasco, does anyone know service providers for either satellite dish internet or other high speed internet access for our off-the-grid (no phone line) home?

Plus,up until now, we have climbed a ridge with a bag phone to get cell phone coverage so we are investigating whether there is presently cell phone coverage up that part of the Sangre de Cristos.

Time for us to upgrade into the 21st century!

I'm in the initial investigation stage, so thanks for an leads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 03:04 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Between Truchas & Penasco, does anyone know service providers for either satellite dish internet or other high speed internet access for our off-the-grid (no phone line) home?

Plus,up until now, we have climbed a ridge with a bag phone to get cell phone coverage so we are investigating whether there is presently cell phone coverage up that part of the Sangre de Cristos.

Time for us to upgrade into the 21st century!

I'm in the initial investigation stage, so thanks for an leads.
You could try this one

HughesNet Satellite Internet High-Speed Broadband Internet Access by Hughes Net

I sort of live off the grid and do not have to have a land based phone line, and my provider is directv.
But, I'm not in the same place as you. You could try doing an internet search for providers.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:01 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,947 times
Directv also offers DSL
DIRECTV: High Speed Internet

I pay almost 50 a month for DSL (hard wired) and my service ain't that good, it's mediocre.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,750,857 times
Thanks for the info Hombres.

Our first step is more solar panels, since our solar is running the pump in our well now.

Then we will check out your suggestions. ¡Gracias!

Old 06-09-2015, 06:16 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,524,378 times
Hughes Net is horrible - it wouldn't work in our NM home and they kept the deposit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico