Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:30 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by famlife View Post
you're right... i guess that should've been directed at Poncho hehe :-P

Mountains are great, i'd love to live in the mtns again.. i used to live in CO.

what is that festival in NM, where they set that giant humanoid thing on fire? i know it's not burning man, it's something else. i've always wanted to see that.

so far, my main prospects are the east mountains in NM, Prescott, AZ, and Salt Lake City area of Utah. i gotta say, i prefer the NM climate above all.

Well I have lived in Utah, Arizona and NM. Salt Lake is close to Hill AFB but I don't think you'll hear the jets in SLC.

I think you'd be better off in Prescott, AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 01:51 PM

74 posts, read 209,259 times
We're a non-vaxing home-schooling family here in NM. I've lived in a bunch of other states as well though and based on your criteria I would strongly suggest either Arizona or Virginia as a better fit. It is nice and easy to not vax and to HS here in NM but AZ and VA weren't much harder - just a little bit more paperwork. VA has tons and tons of wonderful activities for HSing and tons upon tons of HS groups. The people in AZ are very active and health conscious - there's plenty of HS groups and ample opportunities for activities.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:08 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
It is none of my business but why would you expose your childern to the diseases vaccination is designed to prevent? Some of the early childhood diseases like whooping cough are capable of killing children and Polio is a monster that cripples as many as it kills. I would always advise parents to have their childern vaccinated. It is cheap insurance against deadly disease.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:32 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,451,383 times
There are many who feel that some ( especially the MMR ) vaccines can be directly linked to autism, even though there is a serious lack of legitimate medical research to prove that, unless you believe in the wisdom of a former Playboy bunny or a doctor who is about to have his medical license revoked for unethical behavior directly linked to his "research".

Old 02-25-2010, 08:51 AM

74 posts, read 209,259 times
It's a common assumption that all non-vaxers are just scared of autism. I've known many many families who do not vaccinate and I've yet to meet one who didn't vax because of the fear of autism. I don't even know all that much about the thimerisol and autism link because it didn't really factor into my decision. Instead I've done hundreds of hours of research reading medical studies and journals on the subject of both the disease and it's accompanying vaccine.

I'm not going to get into my reasons here because frankly it's not worth my bother. Vaccine debates rarely end in anyone changing their mind. I'd be happy to PM back and forth though if anyone really wants to pick my brain.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,727,398 times
All I know is that lots of serious diseases were all but wiped out thanks to vaccines. I also hear that these diseases are making a comeback because many are becoming more lax about vaccinations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico