Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should New Mexico create its own immigration bill?
YES 57 70.37%
NO 24 29.63%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:58 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,992,770 times

Advertisements

Too bad we don't have a strict republican governor.

We need reform now, And all of the immigrants from Arizona will come to New Mexico... and problems here will get worse.

I don't want my tax dollars supporting someone with food stamps and medical care, when our own US citizens can't even recieve it. Horrid.

Thats the worst about being a Santuary State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 09:29 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,917,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Too bad we don't have a strict republican governor.

We need reform now, And all of the immigrants from Arizona will come to New Mexico... and problems here will get worse.

I don't want my tax dollars supporting someone with food stamps and medical care, when our own US citizens can't even recieve it. Horrid.

Thats the worst about being a Santuary State.
Here's just one example of why AZ now has this law....On the news they interviewed a couple who have been here for 15 years, illegally and admit to it. They have 10 kids. Neither work so WHO is supporting them? They lived in a place run by a 'slumlord' who is now totally pissed because he lost 8 families! We are taking away his income. Waaaah. Were those other 7 families employed? Who knows. Also these illegals didn't speak English and needed a translator to speak with reporters. After 15 years here??? They were counting on their 'sob story' to get people to let them stay I guess but they aren't. They are moving to Colorado! At least NM didn't get them...this time.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:41 PM

Well... too bad Bill Ritter will not remain as governor of Colorado... I would expect this out of colorado as well.. Some places of colorado are racist! haha.

Well, when I was in New Mexico.. My sister-in law used to work at the department of labor, I probably had not been there in years before that, well the only people in there were MEXICANS.

It is not suprising... but I'm proud for Arizona, Damn Proud. Maybe New Mexico and Nevada some day will come to their sences and have strict laws on this issue. I'm like, sick of it. SICK.

GOVERNOR RICHARDSON= MEXICAN ROOTS= LOTS AND LOTS OF BENEFITS FOR HIS PEOPLE. Can I have JOHNSON back now???????

Old 05-06-2010, 08:49 PM

Maybe New Mexico Needs Susana!
THIS AD, IS REALLY ATTRACTING...

>>>> http://www.youtube.com/v/KgoaCjUUMVs...</param><param <<<<

Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,623,512 times
bradly, THANK YOU for that link! A couple of us over the weekend were trying to remember her name, thanks! I think you just provided her with about 5 more votes

Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
bradly, THANK YOU for that link! A couple of us over the weekend were trying to remember her name, thanks! I think you just provided her with about 5 more votes

Good!! I know one thing, If we are going to have a woman as governor it should be her!! She is the real deal.

I'm getting the word out as much as I can....

Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,452,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post

GOVERNOR RICHARDSON= MEXICAN ROOTS= LOTS AND LOTS OF BENEFITS FOR HIS PEOPLE. Can I have JOHNSON back now???????

Johnson feels the law is racial profiling and does not agree with it.

You'll probably have your chance to vote for him in 2012....

Old 05-07-2010, 04:58 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,036,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post

she looks like a good choice for me too, I also like Turner though.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:58 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,920,636 times
Quote:
The new poll finds 61 percent of voters nationally think Arizona was right to take action instead of waiting for the federal government to do something on immigration. That's more than twice as many as the 27 percent who think securing the border is a federal responsibility and Arizona should have waited for Washington to act.

Most Republicans (77 percent) and independents (72 percent) support Arizona taking action. Democrats are divided: 43 percent think the state was right, while 41 percent think Arizona should have let the federal government take the lead.
The fact that it's a Fox News poll will give some reading this reason to denounce the results, no doubt.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,752,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
In places along the border, you'd be locking up a lot of mothers and fathers with families to raise who benefit from illegal maids who live in their homes, or somehow manage to get back and forth over the border to work in homes. El Paso is a case in point. My wife and I employed live-in maids on a regular basis, as did MOST people in our social strata. In fact, when someone buys a home in El Paso, they often ask if there is a "maid's room" in the floor plan!

I even recall one particular maid who regularly came to work on Monday (to stay in our home until Fri) with dried mud up to her knees from having waded the river back in the days before it was concrete lined.

I know a lot of people in El Paso that don't employ illegals. And just because some do, it doesn't make it right at all.

Some people in El Paso manage just fine without bringing in all kinds of illegals, they mow their own lawns, make their own beds, wash their dishes themselves - just like people in other places do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico