Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 06:58 AM

45 posts, read 90,898 times

Advertisements

I will spend two nights in New Orleans , with my wife and I was looking for a nice and affordable hotel in city area
I found Holiday Inn express at 7049 Bullard Ave, with free parking, free wifi and breakfast.
I know it's not so close to French quarter, but I will rent a car
Someone in trip advisor, however, told me that this area is very dangerous , crowded at night with drug dealers and hookers..
Please I want to hear from someone from the city if the local is so bad to make me forget the economy of U$100 daiy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 AM

94 posts, read 220,407 times
I used to stay there once a month. Definitely not the best area of town, but safe to drive in and out of, and run errands during the day. I don't recommend walking far from the hotel at night, though.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 AM

thank you. By the way do you know this hotel ? is it better to stay in Metaire, thinking about French quarter's vicinity and traffic...?
You said it's safe to drive but any special concern about arriving by car late at night??

Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
I would stay in Metairie, much safer with more restaurents nearby. The area of Causeway and I-10 is good.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 12-07-2012 at 02:28 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,398,707 times
Check out hotwire and priceline. You can get some great deals on very nice places downtown. You'd probably do best to just get a cab from the airport and forget the rental car if you're on vacation. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble and expense. Most things people want to see are either downtown or along the St Charles streetcar. You absolutely don't want to bother with looking for parking in the French Quarter.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM

Please what about this Sleep Inn & Suites(LA121)
4601 North I-10 Service Road, Metairie, LA, US, 70006

Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM

94 posts, read 220,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCIO View Post
thank you. By the way do you know this hotel ? is it better to stay in Metaire, thinking about French quarter's vicinity and traffic...?
You said it's safe to drive but any special concern about arriving by car late at night??
The parking lot is surrounded by the hotel. Anyone coming in and out has to go past the front desk, so it's fine late night. Metairie is definitely safer though.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:01 PM

I was thinking about not to rent a car, but I will drive some days later to Memphis through a Tennessee trip til Chattanooga and a car will give mobility to go freely if I want go shopping or something in NOL.
By the way I wll consider better your idea.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 AM

151 posts, read 290,727 times
I live in New Orleans and have worked in the hotel industry for five years. I suggest the Central Business District area. It will be quieter, it's still fairly safe, and you are still close to the Quarter.

Stay where it is well lit, don't go in to any dark corners, and don't go off with people you don't know. I suggest that, after dark, you take a cab where you need to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans