Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 09:15 PM

30 posts, read 58,546 times

Advertisements

Seems like it has a lot of positive ratings...anyone here live there or know about it? Thanks much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 10:49 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,339,431 times
It's not quite as nice as the pictures make it seem. It's a mixed income development with more crime problems than the neighborhoods immediately surrounding it.

I would not recommend River Gardens for someone new to the city. There are plenty of other areas I would look at first.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:53 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
What's the one on St. Bernard? Pretty sure there's a waiting list but it's a much better development.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
It's not quite as nice as the pictures make it seem. It's a mixed income development with more crime problems than the neighborhoods immediately surrounding it.

I would not recommend River Gardens for someone new to the city. There are plenty of other areas I would look at first.
Are we talking about the same ones? Theres river garden on felicity that is mixed development and had a ton of horrible reviews...then there this one down the street on st andrews with plenty of nice reviews and i dont think itsmixed..so are you sure?

Old 02-24-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
What's the one on St. Bernard? Pretty sure there's a waiting list but it's a much better development.

Do you mean st andrews? if so theres availability...

St andrews= River Garden Apartments on St. Andrew

Felicity=River Garden on Felicity
Reviews: http://www.apartmentratings.com/la/n...4371548470130/

Old 02-24-2016, 10:59 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,339,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeinPhilly View Post

Annie is referring to the Columbia Parc development out in Gentilly. It's a very nice mixed income development.

River Gardens is a different story. The apartment buildings closer to the river ('St. Andrews') may be nicer than the units on the other side of St. Thomas ('Felicity'), but it's all the same immediate neighborhood and it's not the best.

Again, it's dooable, but would not be my first pick. I'd try to find something in the Irish Channel close to Magazine or literally anything further uptown. Also, you can look further downtown like the Saulet area or around Coliseum Square.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:36 PM

860 posts, read 1,193,330 times
I think a mistake that most people make moving down here, is looking for the big nice apartment complexes that you see in most cities with fitness centers and swimming pools. There aren't that many of those down here. It's mostly duplexes or old houses that have been turned into apartments. You get less amenities, but more character. You can find the big complexes in the suburbs.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:12 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeinPhilly View Post

norb makes a good point. Don't make the mistake of looking for apartment complexes or big buildings. Your best bet will be a shotgun home or a converted home into apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans