Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:17 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times

Advertisements

Oh please stop. You guys are making Louisiana look backwards. The bible said love thy neighbor and no one on Earth has the right to judge another human being. I'm glad he's off the show. Serves him right for being so ignorant and close-minded. Also, why on Earth is this in the New Orleans thread? Take this crap to the Mississippi board.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:07 AM

107 posts, read 164,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Oh please stop. You guys are making Louisiana look backwards. The bible said love thy neighbor and no one on Earth has the right to judge another human being. I'm glad he's off the show. Serves him right for being so ignorant and close-minded. Also, why on Earth is this in the New Orleans thread? Take this crap to the Mississippi board.

They live in Monroe Louisiana ~ there wasn't a selection for Monroe ~ why Mississippi, they don't live there ~ Miss Annie we can talk about whatever we like, regardless if it's crap in your world or not ~ you are making your town look bad by your rudeness ~ most people I've met in N O are a lot nicer than you!

Merry Christmas ~

Old 12-19-2013, 12:01 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzy Bear View Post
They live in Monroe Louisiana ~ there wasn't a selection for Monroe ~ why Mississippi, they don't live there ~ Miss Annie we can talk about whatever we like, regardless if it's crap in your world or not ~ you are making your town look bad by your rudeness ~ most people I've met in N O are a lot nicer than you!

Merry Christmas ~
I know where they live. This belongs in the Louisiana forum, not the New Orleans. I'm rude because I accept people and don't call them names for things they can't control. OK.

I don't live in New Orleans, obviously.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:12 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,341,098 times
Please move this thread to the Louisiana forum.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:58 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,947,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
Please move this thread to the Louisiana forum.
Seconded. Nothing to do with New Orleans.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:15 PM

643 posts, read 978,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzy Bear View Post
I found out that A&E are Big supporters of LG/BT community ~ Duck Dynasty should take their show to another network ~
Good idea...but there is something called a contract they're under with A&E

Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 PM

974 posts, read 2,186,138 times
I bet most of the posters didn't read the GQ article where Phil goes into detail about the why he prefers "a woman's vagina over a man's anus".... everything else he said I couldn't see why the fuss regarding his personal beliefs on religion and the bible. But once he started going into a "Vagina/Anus Monologue" ...it raised the "yuck factor" considerably. Kind of dumb on his part.

You have to realize that as a paid-performer ...he should've chosen his words better so as to not cause damage to the owner of the show which is A&E. The Robertson's get paid upfront but the show's producers hope to make their money on the back-end in syndication reruns and that's where advertising sponsorship is crucial. While he may not have intended to hurt his producers...his words will have long-term consequences financially-speaking. Free speech...sure, but with that comes responsibility to "do no harm" and he could've stopped before getting into the nitty-gritty about the sex-organs and orifices. Now Duck Dynasty won't have quite the luster for high-dollar advertising...and that's just Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:22 PM

295 posts, read 358,941 times
Another good example of why N. Louisiana's #1 export is not cotton or timber, but college graduates. It's one of the reasons I left. Educated people generally do not like to live around ignorance.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:36 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Gibson LP View Post
Another good example of why N. Louisiana's #1 export is not cotton or timber, but college graduates. It's one of the reasons I left. Educated people generally do not like to live around ignorance.
Precisely! I almost closed my Facebook account again this morning due to my Newsfeed being inundated with utter ignorance from individuals I thought were intelligent. Doctors, Lawyers, and the like.

People who are bright, but too ignorant to understand they're thumping a book used to condone war, slavery, rape, racism, and family division. Yet somehow they feel they posses a monopoly on goodness.

I, as a heterosexual married man, am a HUGE advocate for gay rights. Still, I saw absolutely nothing incendiary about Phil's comments. He simply expressed his opinion about homosexuality. It was even kind of funny. So what? But all these blind, zombie crusaders make me sick! If you don't understand homosexuality...fine. If you don't agree that people are born homosexual...fine. But prejudice, scrutiny, damnation, fire, and brimstone just because your granny and pastor conditioned you to think that way??? GTFO

Old 12-19-2013, 06:21 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,502 times
Ok, so I just read more of what Phil said and....yea, that was pretty horrible. Dismiss my previous comment about his statements not being incendiary. They were far worse than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans