Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 06:51 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,326,525 times

Advertisements

the gravity of what we accomplished has sunk in for me. of 32 teams, 28 of them have made it to the big game, but only 18 of them have taken the Lombardi home. We are in that much more rarified air now. WE not only got there, but we took it ALL THE WAY!!!! WHO DAT!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 04:18 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
What kind of dream is this?
Everything is spinning around me, I don't even feel like I'm here.

OMG...... WE DID IT!
WE DID IT, WE DID IT!. We did it Drouzin, we did it Jaq, Prytania, SouthernBelle.
OMG, I don't believe this.

Oh man, all that we've been through. All the things they said about us, but we got it.
BLACK AND GOLD TO THE SUPER BOWL!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHO DAT!

Who Dat? WE DAT and now yall see DAT!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!, (Lets all jump up and down and yell WHO DAT together!), WHO DAT Baby!!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:59 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,615,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
the gravity of what we accomplished has sunk in for me. of 32 teams, 28 of them have made it to the big game, but only 18 of them have taken the Lombardi home. We are in that much more rarified air now. WE not only got there, but we took it ALL THE WAY!!!! WHO DAT!!!!!!
You have even more to be proud of. My favorite stat arising from the game:

The Saints became the first Super Bowl victor to post three consecutive victories over teams led by quarterbacks who had won a Super Bowl (Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Manning).

And yet folks say the Saints shouldn't have won, Brees isn't MVP material. Piffle.

I can't find the article, but I was reading one last night that said the division (?) the Saints are in hasn't had a back to back Super Bowl winner yet. So there ya go - another first for the Saints to aim for next year!

On a sad note, though. Just read an article that said only 11 people showed up at the airport to greet the Colts when they returned home. I'd like to think the Saints fans would have shown up in droves at the airport even if the Saints had lost on Sunday. But then, you've waited for this for 43 years (34 years, myself) so maybe the Saints fans understand better than anyone that every accomplishment is to be savored, not just the wins.

I am so danged proud of all y'all!

Old 02-09-2010, 10:14 PM

605 posts, read 1,054,636 times
Many congrats to the Saints!!!! I'm a Bucs fan first but fell in love with New Orleans and the Saints on my first visit there last October. I would have given anything to be in New Orleans over the last few days! The truth is we should have been moving there but for various reasons it fell through, but I have been rooting for the Saints for most of the regular season and all through the playoffs from here in Tampa.

As an aside, the Saints win and the total score of 48 won me the post-season football pool I'm in, so I'm extra thrilled!!!

Can't wait to see the Saints next season!

Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!, (Lets all jump up and down and yell WHO DAT together!), WHO DAT Baby!!!!
:jumping up and down uncontrollably:

WHO DAT? WHO DAT? WHO DAT? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHO DAT? WHO DAT? WHO DAT?

Just got back from the parade. I don't know what was better, seeing the Lombardi Trophy or watching Reggie and Pierre swag surf.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,615,820 times
I love how they were calling it Lombari Gras!

Old 02-10-2010, 04:35 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,797 times
LombarDi Gras.

Not sure about you folks but it sure was nice seeing Warner, Favre AND Manning with their PANTS ON THE GROUND!

Last edited by knoxgarden; 02-10-2010 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: remove copyrighted photos; violation of TOS

Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Sean Payton has now established himself as one of the NFL's top coaches. I had felt that way even before this season, but the win over Indianapolis cements it.

The Saints coaching deserves a huge thumbs up for this game as well as the players. For obvious reasons the Saints were overwhelmingly the sentimental favorite, but the smart money was on the Colts. When the Colts went up 10-0 in the first quarter, I imagine most of the country figured, "well, that's it". And then from the second quarter on, it was the Saints 31, Colts 7. Give the Saints coaching staff credit for adjusting at halftime. And the BIGGEST adjustment was keeping Peyton off the field. You can't score when you aren't on the field, and more importantly,the Saints defense got him out of his rhythm when he DID get on the field with different defensive looks. Saints coaches get PROPS for that!

And the call on the onside kick to start the third quarter! Are you kidding me? Talk about a gutsy call, man oh Manichevitz! And THAT call kicked the Colts coaching staff right in the, well, I'll just say "kicked"!

After being down 10-zip didn't phase the Saints. Other clubs would have done an el foldo, but THIS club showed why they went undefeated for a huge portion of the season. They went out and went after Indianapolis.

This is as huge a win to an NFL organization as there could possibly be. Congratulations to the New Orleans Saints!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 02-10-2010 at 04:17 PM..

Old 02-11-2010, 12:41 AM

194 posts, read 545,130 times
I only watched the Superbowl because I'm getting ready to move to New Orleans and I know how important the Saints are to my beloved new city. I'm 37 years old and it was the first football game I've ever watched - ever! I always thought football fans were a bit crazy, what with all the yelling and screaming, etc. Well, I was screaming and jumping up and down by the end of it and my husband thought I was crazy! What a wonderful thing for New Orleans ;-)

Old 02-12-2010, 04:36 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,860,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith21 View Post
the saints only beat the vikings by 3 points in overtime and needed missed calls to win in there dome. how do they expect to beat the colts? saints dont stand a chance there not in there dome to get the home advantage and these refs wont miss calls to help the saints.
Who Dat Gona Beat Them Saints
You sound like Obama and the rest of the so called experts. oops
Guess them Saints are a little better than they got credit for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans