Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 26,271 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have been selected for an interview for Bruckner by the Bridge apartments managed by Knickerbocker Management. Does anyone know what I should expect during the interview and this process?
Also I have a question...
Im 21 and applied with my boyfriend of 3 years, we've lived together for the past 18 months. Neither of us have filed taxes before being that we live with my grandparents... would that be a problem?

Any information or advice would be helpful... Thanks!

Old 12-13-2010, 01:10 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,380,404 times
I cannot answer with 100% certainty, however part of the selection process is that you provide tax returns to verify employment and income history. You may be creating bigger problems for yourself by admitting you haven't filed taxes while you were working...so proceed with caution.

Otherwise please keep us posted on the process as there are many of us who are curious.

Last edited by SobroGuy; 12-13-2010 at 01:23 PM..

Old 12-13-2010, 01:16 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,082,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I cannot answer with 100% certainty, however part of the selection process is that you provide tax returns to verify employment and income history. You may be creating bigger problems for yourself by admitting you haven't filed taxes while you were working...so proceed with caution.

Otherwise please keep up posted on the process as there are many of us who are curious.
I agree with this. I have never heard of anyone going through the process for affordable housing with no income/employment history/tax returns.
Don't think it will work because there will be thousands of applicants whose histories will be verifiable.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 52,089 times
I went for an interview last week for this apartment. They told I would get a call back but so far I have not heard a word. Any one hear anything from them?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:14 AM

2 posts, read 30,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucknerman View Post
I went for an interview last week for this apartment. They told I would get a call back but so far I have not heard a word. Any one hear anything from them?

I have heard back from them by calling them myself, you should call the person who interviewed you and just ask for your application status they should tell you.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 52,089 times
any one else go for an interview yet for this building?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:27 PM

1 posts, read 25,637 times
Im am looking to get a apartment in this complex..i have working section 8..Do anyone know are they still accepting applications and what are the requirements?...

Old 03-15-2011, 03:43 PM

507 posts, read 689,288 times
Default get ready-because..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuchiBear View Post
Hello,

I have been selected for an interview for Bruckner by the Bridge apartments managed by Knickerbocker Management. Does anyone know what I should expect during the interview and this process?
Also I have a question...
Im 21 and applied with my boyfriend of 3 years, we've lived together for the past 18 months. Neither of us have filed taxes before being that we live with my grandparents... would that be a problem?

Any information or advice would be helpful... Thanks!
yes it would-because they gonna ask for 3-yrs back income tax forms..and how either 1 of you been working??..the requirements are too harsh!..and they expect too-much!..do you afford the rent?....and they seem very selective..good luck!

Old 03-15-2011, 03:50 PM

507 posts, read 689,288 times
i have gotton a letter from this place the roma..now the letter states im above the minimal income range for 1 bedroom..so i wrote them back on-status for 2-bedroom...so im gonna see what they say now..im telling you..its always-SOMETHING!..and im appealing their decision.
I expect another loophole..because its too many excuses not to rent to the working class-what!..i gotta be on welfare..and have section-8 ?..and be on drugs!.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:59 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,380,404 times
I can't understand half of what you write deli167, however they do have strict requirements because they are targeting a very specific population. It is nothing personal against you if you do not meet the criteria...just keep looking. If you think you would have a better chance of getting an apt by being on welfare or drugs, I think you need to re-read the criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.