Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2011, 06:45 PM

801 posts, read 1,108,852 times

Advertisements

Thanks Step, it has been a stressful process and I earn it!! Well if the mail is going to be like that , well nothing better than the post office securely saving my mail.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:42 AM

507 posts, read 690,397 times
YEAH!..and make sure on thanksgiving you have me a plate of food!..im making you-my first-STOP!! like steph said..go to that lousey post-office on 139st/brook ave..you besta get there early-and let me tell you..dealing with them,is sorta like dealing with them people at knickerboker-LAZZY!..they do more talking-than working!...the line moves-slow too,its only 2-tellers..and the line be like-20-25 people deep.
yeah!..you also better buy like alot of stamps as well..because going to them bodegas around there-they crazzy!!..25Cents for a envelope-60cents for a stamp!..HUH!..they can-stick-it!'
the lease!?..you was to get a copy of that right after you signed your hancock-on the dotted line!..I got a copy of mine-then!..why would they spend money on postal-stamps..if they could hand you a copy of your lease while you're all face-to-face!?..I went with my 2-3 money-orders..sat down with a worker..she tried to run down all the rules and regulations...i must've signed like 10-12 pages of stuff or put my initials-then she put my lease in a binder and shook ma-hand..and told me to go see the super for the keys!..thats-it!..and then came the move-in date, simple as 1-2-3!..hotblue-you need to go back to them,and request a copy-copies of that lease-for real! and i still feel-that somethings not-right.
stephanie-dont you agree?..you know im not going tah tell him nothing wrong- DAMM!..uncle louis came knocking on my door last night..damm he dont give a brother a heads-up call or nothing!..he just pops-up!..I tip-toe'd to the peep-hole and saw him paceing..I thought it was the cops!..the way he-knocked!..so I ease'd on over to the bedroom and slipped outta my jeans to my long-johns/underwear..and socks!..I opened the door a bit-and wiped my eyes from the glare of the hallway-light(s)..I said-DAMM!..I was sleeping..whats-up!?..I did'nt invite him in-because I did'nt want to...because he dont just come by for nothing!..he needs-something!..the last time he breezzed-through..I had tah give him money to get back on the train to-brooklyn-plus to run to met-foods and purchase him $25.00 worth of food,because he claimed they did'nt get their stamps-yet!..and the supply was-low..if he did'nt mentioned his little-daughter i would'nt had gave him-sh&t! unc-why you dont have a-job!?.well thats enough airing him out-my point is..dont think cause im living here-got my car outside..that im making it..this sh&t-COST!..im not on welfare-or got section-8!..i gotsta get up offa ma-azz!..and go get-mine$$!!..so every dollar counts aroun-HERE! now the next time-he pull that-all im giving up is 2-eggs!..im holding it down on my own-brotha!..thats sure!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:56 AM

507 posts, read 690,397 times
ohh steph-i sent you a picture of the place-and how im getting it together..did you see he lobby with all the halloween-get up? the 3-porters here really work hard on keeping the place tidy-but its the guest that you gotta watch out for..they throw their wrappers on the floor..spit on the sidewalk..its no-smoking in here-THANK-GOD!..for that..or it'll be ciggerettes buts all over the front!..and no dogs either!.
the school kids-some of them dont know how to act when their parents aint around!..i had ta put a youngster in-check the other day!..hey jr..its no playing in the elevator..its a park right accross the street! hes lucky i didnt POP him.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 AM

365 posts, read 503,233 times
Lmao! Deli...I swear...I think you sleep and dream the funny isht to say in the morning. Anyway, I applied to St. Ann's Terrace open market apartments, and mailed in my app and I haven't heard anything. I don't understand. It's been over 3 wks now, and they haven't even called me to let me know they got it.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:15 AM

317 posts, read 579,743 times
Moneboo November will be here in 2 weeks. Are you packed? Or are you moving at a snails pace? Are you going to take the apt until something else cones along? Who knows maybe once you move in and get settled you may actually really love it there and be hesitant to move. Deli..... I actually walked by your building over the weekend and saw the decorations. Very cute. I'm thinking about doing my hallway for the holidays. So why I get home yesterday and theres a notice posted by the elevator in the lobby as well as on every floor saying "if you see something say something". So after talking with one of the porters here he told me that 8 cars in the garage has been broken into in addition to the theatre room and gym being robbed a few months ago. I'm like aint this some sh%t!!! I'm wondering how long it's going to take for them to set up a meeting for the tenants bc on a few occassions I had to pull out little pieces of paper wedged on the door bc someone put it there to have access to enter the building w/o using keys or being buzzed in. I know management better get it together but now there's no way I'm going to put my car in the garage during the winter time.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:42 AM

169 posts, read 187,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deli167st View Post
prettik..when did you go there..c.c managers?..and why did'nt you let me know?..could've hooked you up with jai moorehead..shes a sis-who sits by the window..left side..shes alright!..well I dont know who you seen..and they might've didnt go the whole 9-yards with you..and did the she-man security guard in the lobby in the lobby give you any hassles?..well shes cool-as long as she look-and dont touch!...well yeah there do be a slew of characters up in there-esspecially africans!..ohh!..so they roll out the red carpet for the people on them sudsidies?..like section-8..and welfare..but for the working joe-they scrutinize the hell outta you!..ohh wheres your check-stubs?..wheres your income-tax forms?..wheres your rent reciepts?..damm!! anything else?..meet me in the bath-room..and we'll smoke-1 !..
..and them dumm-azz receptionist gals..they got sitting in the front!..which 1?..all of em are-dumm!..and slow!..why i gotta repeat myself!?..but they are better than them birds at knickerbocker!..i know thats sure!..the thing that puzzles me-the people that sits in front of them,and act ghetto!..going to be interviewed-and still get a apartment!?..yet i went there cool-calm..and collected-even answered no mam--yes mam..and still i was given the what! you doing here and what! do you want-treatment!..GODDAMM!!..but i'll play along with the gag!..until i get my keys and my-lease!..huh!..what! you mean-they lame on the repairs!?..well then let something needs fixing up in here!?..and if its not taking care of pronto..im going to be lame on forking over that-RENT! $$$$..yeah la-terrazza is nice,but still..for it to remain nice-depends on the-PEOPLE!..now i see that on occassion the people invite the riff-raff in,and they're terrible!..talking all loud!..no kind of manners..and the super-i see that he sits outside in the window=frame..and thats not cool..because if people see him doing it-then they going to think that its cool for them too!..theres a park with benches-right accross the street!..com on now!..I WORK!..so when i come home from it..I just unlock my door-and shut the door!..thats it!..I got my mail.my food..my cable tv..my playstation3..im not going back out side for NUFFINGGG!!!..my car is in the same spot till thursday morning..im chillin!..matter of fact!..after i finish saying what i gotta say..im going to finish playing my game!..ohh but deli-are you going to cook tonight?..nah i just had 2-hotdogs w/onions...im straight!..so everybody..have a pleasant evening..ohh the game come on tonight(baseball) world series!.
no i only DROVE by lol...Just wanted to see how it looked

Old 10-19-2011, 07:46 AM

169 posts, read 187,437 times
Quote:
prettik-why you didnt apply-when i did?..back in january.
I didn't know about it back then

Old 10-19-2011, 08:31 AM

62 posts, read 147,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettiK View Post
That's funny bc I just mailed off an application for Abeken hmm idk anymore. To answer your question yes I applied to wavecrest
yES, THE UNIT i SAW NEEDED ALOT OF THINGS CONNECTED AND THEY SAID IT HAD BEEN VACANT for 5 months, i'm like well daMN! no wonder, this ish is mad small..cmon...i rather shoot for the newer joints

Old 10-19-2011, 08:35 AM

62 posts, read 147,388 times
Quote:
prettik..when did you go there..c.c managers?..and why did'nt you let me know?..could've hooked you up with jai moorehead..shes a sis-who sits by the window..left side..shes alright!..well I dont know who you seen..and they might've didnt go the whole 9-yards with you..and did the she-man security guard in the lobby in the lobby give you any hassles?..well shes cool-as long as she look-and dont touch!...well yeah there do be a slew of characters up in there-esspecially africans!..ohh!..so they roll out the red carpet for the people on them sudsidies?..like section-8..and welfare..but for the working joe-they scrutinize the hell outta you!..ohh wheres your check-stubs?..wheres your income-tax forms?..wheres your rent reciepts?..damm!! anything else?..meet me in the bath-room..and we'll smoke-1 !..
..and them dumm-azz receptionist gals..they got sitting in the front!..which 1?..all of em are-dumm!..and slow!..why i gotta repeat myself!?..but they are better than them birds at knickerbocker!..i know thats sure!..the thing that puzzles me-the people that sits in front of them,and act ghetto!..going to be interviewed-and still get a apartment!?..yet i went there cool-calm..and collected-even answered no mam--yes mam..and still i was given the what! you doing here and what! do you want-treatment!..GODDAMM!!..but i'll play along with the gag!..until i get my keys and my-lease!..huh!..what! you mean-they lame on the repairs!?..well then let something needs fixing up in here!?..and if its not taking care of pronto..im going to be lame on forking over that-RENT! $$$$..yeah la-terrazza is nice,but still..for it to remain nice-depends on the-PEOPLE!..now i see that on occassion the people invite the riff-raff in,and they're terrible!..talking all loud!..no kind of manners..and the super-i see that he sits outside in the window=frame..and thats not cool..because if people see him doing it-then they going to think that its cool for them too!..theres a park with benches-right accross the street!..com on now!..I WORK!..so when i come home from it..I just unlock my door-and shut the door!..thats it!..I got my mail.my food..my cable tv..my playstation3..im not going back out side for NUFFINGGG!!!..my car is in the same spot till thursday morning..im chillin!..matter of fact!..after i finish saying what i gotta say..im going to finish playing my game!..ohh but deli-are you going to cook tonight?..nah i just had 2-hotdogs w/onions...im straight!..so everybody..have a pleasant evening..ohh the game come on tonight(baseball) world series!.

Yess! The stocky female in the front tryna interrogate you, lmao! she was ight tho, she didnt gimme too much, yes it was alot of ghetto individuaLS IN THERE ! but whatever.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:46 AM

365 posts, read 503,233 times
I'm still waiting on a response from St. Ann's Terrace.
@ Stephanie....girl, I have not purchased a thing nor have I even begun to think about starting to pack. SMH!
This weekend and next, I said I would just go in head first and do it...but then I realized its only Wednesday and when Saturday comes around, it'll be a different story. Completely different. I'm figuring out how in the world I'm going to get this big behind bed into my apt. That alone is gonna be something. Guess that's why I have so many male cousins and friends...for situations as such. Put they butts to work. Feed em' later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery