Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 02:54 PM

11 posts, read 13,009 times

Advertisements

I went on a interview submitted all my documents and I'm waiting people already live in the building any advice did this ever happen to anyone. My file was submitted on 12/17/18. I contacted management and they told me they are waiting to hear back from HDC for approval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 11:49 AM

75 posts, read 112,407 times
Ok thank macnyc2003

Old 01-27-2019, 03:10 PM

75 posts, read 112,407 times
Hi Icouncil so im already done my Interview and gave them money order so how long take they be done or check credit

Old 01-29-2019, 11:04 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,037,225 times
Finally my file is moving on to HPD, got a call this morning that it was, and was asked for updated stubs and statements, my initial interview was December 10. Hopefully this part moves fast!

Old 01-30-2019, 08:09 AM

16 posts, read 21,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Finally my file is moving on to HPD, got a call this morning that it was, and was asked for updated stubs and statements, my initial interview was December 10. Hopefully this part moves fast!
My initial interview was Nov 2018, my file was sent to HDC for approval and now its like I'm in limbo of just continuing my search for an apt because I am currently in a shelter and want to move asap at this point smh.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:53 PM

87 posts, read 118,722 times
I just got an email saying I was approved, my certification coming up next week for a building in Greenpoint. Does that mean that the city HDC also approved me? And my main question, I was qualified for a studio and 1 bedroom, but the email says I was approved for a studio. Not sure based on what they don't want to give me a 1 bedroom. I'm thinking maybe they just want to see my reaction to it, and if I want 1 bedroom. I really want to ask them for 1 bedroom, but then don't want to loose both. PLEASE, advise, I really don't know what to do. I haven't replied to the email yet. Looking for some advise. Also, the building I've applied for has at least 10 more 1 bedrooms.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:03 PM

87 posts, read 118,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Is it 23 India street ) ? I have a similar timeline))

Old 02-05-2019, 10:00 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,243,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by importantuser1 View Post
I just got an email saying I was approved, my certification coming up next week for a building in Greenpoint. Does that mean that the city HDC also approved me? And my main question, I was qualified for a studio and 1 bedroom, but the email says I was approved for a studio. Not sure based on what they don't want to give me a 1 bedroom. I'm thinking maybe they just want to see my reaction to it, and if I want 1 bedroom. I really want to ask them for 1 bedroom, but then don't want to loose both. PLEASE, advise, I really don't know what to do. I haven't replied to the email yet. Looking for some advise. Also, the building I've applied for has at least 10 more 1 bedrooms.
Can't hurt to politely ask.
they usually try to get 1 person households in studio's but try and ask for the 1 bedroom.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:04 PM

78 posts, read 72,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTerrace View Post
I received a letter for an interview for a lottery apartment on March 23 which I attended and submitted all required documentation. I have a few questions as I am not familiar with the process.

1) I meet the income eligibiity requirements and an income verification has been completed (saw the inquiry on my credit report) but will an old judgment (an eviction from 2006), which no longer appears on my credit report come up in a background check?

2) I was asked to provide my life insurance policy (considered an asset) but accidently forgot to submit a policy that I have for my 6 y/o child. Will that pose a problem?

3) I was asked to submit child support records. Although there's a court order, I'm owed serious arrears - 12K, and the payments are sporatic at best - $125 wkly) Why should this factor into income when they can clearly see that I don't receive them often?

4) Is it true that they conduct home visits? If so, I may have an issue bc I have to vacate my current apt by 4/30 due to the primary tenant (relative) not renewing the lease. I am not the leaseholder.

I have a lot of concerns during this process, so any responses will be greatly appreciated.
Hello,

What development is this for if you dont mind me asking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery