Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 09:05 AM

503 posts, read 899,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Poor people in NYC have nothing on poor people around the world. Yet they complain about stupid ish like my subsidized apartment is too damn small. Just be greatful you have a roof over your head, clean drinking water, Jordan sneakers on your feet and an IPhone. This entitlement mentality boggles my mind!
However, I absolutely love this quote.

Priorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 898 times
Wow I see why this world is going to **** now although
This is an old post you people are coming at a person
Who's trying to live a better life and may not have the resources at the moment. Do you come at those
White people who makes up majority of
Welfare, and public assistance no so stop talking done
Like your better than minorities because your not and next time you
Judge please just do research on who actually uses and sucks the life out of
Government assistance. Racist t.v. and people make you whites believe
That pic are lazy and make up majority of government assistance when in reality it's whites. One more thing I've seen white people and know some getting medicaid,food stamps, and housing but can afford designer clothes,and fancy cars and don't work so please stop *******s.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:45 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,934,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveislight4 View Post
Wow I see why this world is going to **** now although
This is an old post you people are coming at a person
Who's trying to live a better life and may not have the resources at the moment. Do you come at those
White people who makes up majority of
Welfare, and public assistance no so stop talking done
Like your better than minorities because your not and next time you
Judge please just do research on who actually uses and sucks the life out of
Government assistance. Racist t.v. and people make you whites believe
That pic are lazy and make up majority of government assistance when in reality it's whites. One more thing I've seen white people and know some getting medicaid,food stamps, and housing but can afford designer clothes,and fancy cars and don't work so please stop *******s.
The numbers are adjusted for population percentages. To deny this is to deny the challenges that exist, the actual racism that prevents people from moving ahead. First you must identify that there is a problem.

However, that said, I don't think anyone brought up race. People did make comments about 'hood culture.

Your particular challenge would seem to be spelling, grammar, and being articulate in general - none of which bode well for getting a better job. And none of that is necessarily connected to race.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 861 times
You don't transfer out of an apartment into a brand new apartment. You apply with a new NYCHA application. That's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc31 View Post
Hello,
I have been living with my parents in a NYCHA apartment and going to school for awhile now. I am on the leese and have not left yet because I couldn't afford to move out. I recently got a part time job and would like to transfer out of my parents apartment into a single NYCHA apartment of my own. How do I go about transferring out? Also, does any one know how long it might take for them to transfer me to another apartment? I don't want to burden my parents with higher rent rates because I am pulling in extra income and its time that I move out on my own. I would appreciate any information.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:10 PM

6 posts, read 20,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I love that you believe you are "moving out on your own." That is not what you are doing...you are moving into another apt subsidized by the city/government...so you are shifting your burden from your parents to the city/government. Yay! How about instead of doing that, you wait until you actually can move out on your own..and by that I mean support yourself and not just move onto government programs! Crazy huh?

**** ok if you don’t have nothing nice to say ****

Old 05-13-2019, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 377 times
I am currently head of household in my 4 bedroom NYCHA apartment and I am seeking to move to a smaller apartment. My two adult sons are on the lease as well and live with me. I am requesting a spilt apartment 1 bedroom for myself I need a handicap apartment because I am having Spinal infusion surgery and will be out of work for an extension of 1 year and a two bed room for them to live in that is not going to be handicap accessible. Currently I have no income and my oldest son income is accounted for my rent level and his application status when to working family status N4.
When I asked or the split transfer I as told they don't do that anymore and I have heard and know of people who have had it done.
So I am asking is it able to be done and I will give up the 4 bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms and a large living room and kitchen. if it can be done please share how!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery