Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,863 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard back about this yet? Just curious if they're completely behind, or I'm just out of the running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 02:21 PM

110 posts, read 213,372 times
Haven't heard anything- for some reason I was thinking mid-dec?

Old 12-05-2014, 06:57 AM

12 posts, read 23,778 times
Same here. We havent heard anything. Walked by the building last weekend and it didn't look like it was any closer to being finished that it did when we had the interviews.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,246 times
so its a whole 10-12 weeks since my interview date and i have not heard anything from anyone especially regarding my $50 deposit which i was told I would receive back in the event i was not chosen for an apartment. Has anyone heard any news yet ?

Old 01-10-2015, 11:25 AM

110 posts, read 213,372 times
Same, was told 6-8 weeks, expected Mid-Dec, so far nothing. That's ok for me, the disorganization makes me hesitant to continue.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:44 AM

292 posts, read 703,382 times
I haven't gotten any response. it kinda sucks, I have community board preference (I live four blocks away) so I didn't think the log number would be a big deal (mine is 33***). But I don't want to get my hopes up.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:25 PM

28 posts, read 71,038 times
CB means nothing except that CB applications get processed before non-CB applications. Non-CB applications start getting processed only after half of the total units are first allocated to approved CB applicants. Therefore, CB vs non-CB is not a matter of log #; It's more of a matter of time.

High log #s are dreadful whether your are CB or not. I know this because I have CB for another building but with a high log # and that's not working out too well for me. There are too many other CB log #s in front of me. All the apartments have already been spoken for.

Based on my experience, one of the major reasons why Elliot J Hobbs Gardens hasn't contacted any of us is mainly because the building is not ready to be shown to tenants. Once the move-in date for the building is determined and approaches, applicants will be contacted in order of log # at which point you will be approved or denied. It seems construction on the building has somewhat stalled for whatever reason(s). The building's completion is moving very very slowly, which is the main hold-up.

Think of it this way. Let's say the agents work your file now and approve you now but the building is not ready to be moved into. They would then have to repeat the whole process of approving you several months later once the building is ready to be moved into since your situation might have changed during the interim. It doesn't make sense for them to process your file more than once so they are going to wait until the building is ready for move-ins.

Unfortunately, the agents won't tell us any of this nor will they keep us informed on anything at all. They probably won't even make themselves available to be contacted in any form.

Last edited by UnsaltedMixedNuts; 01-11-2015 at 08:43 PM..

Old 01-12-2015, 04:15 PM

63 posts, read 89,196 times
I called to check on the status of my application, & It seems @unsaltedmixednuts may be right, don't think the building Is ready. Either way, expect them to ask for another pay-stub later down the road. I also think only one person Is handling these applications. (ONE) when I called I was advised to call back later, because the lady who handles the processing of the applications wasn't In yet. The person who answered stated they couldn't give me any information about my status because she's the only one who's working on them. SO YEAHHH.. She did however mention the building wasn't tenant ready, but that's all she knew. Trust when they're ready, people will start dropping like flies. They'll find any and every reason to get rid of people. I had an Interview last year for another development which didn't go well at all. This time I was ready, every things In order, from credit check to my Income bracket. But you still never know with these ppl, just hoping for the best. My log # Is 4XX No preference.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:21 AM

37 posts, read 87,656 times
Wow that building still hasn't moved nobody in, shocked.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:27 PM

292 posts, read 703,382 times
Thanks UnsaltedMixedNuts. You are right. I realized that the preference may be joke and my high log number may not get noticed. I have been through the process before (with 528 West 27th Street). I had a good number (1, 2**) but unfortunately, they requested more documents and I couldn't get it in within a timely manner so they disqualified me. I must say they were very efficient (well that management company was).
Another company had called me back but they weren't on NYC Housing Connect and currently, I am still waiting for them because the building that I wanted has a stop work order (it was shaking and unstable due to rain). I highly doubt it that I will get the apartment, lol.

Yeah, the developers/contractors love to stall because they can get more money from their contract with teh city. They forget that many people would like to move in so they just take their "time" to develop these buildings.

Cool name, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsaltedMixedNuts View Post
CB means nothing except that CB applications get processed before non-CB applications. Non-CB applications start getting processed only after half of the total units are first allocated to approved CB applicants. Therefore, CB vs non-CB is not a matter of log #; It's more of a matter of time.

High log #s are dreadful whether your are CB or not. I know this because I have CB for another building but with a high log # and that's not working out too well for me. There are too many other CB log #s in front of me. All the apartments have already been spoken for.

Based on my experience, one of the major reasons why Elliot J Hobbs Gardens hasn't contacted any of us is mainly because the building is not ready to be shown to tenants. Once the move-in date for the building is determined and approaches, applicants will be contacted in order of log # at which point you will be approved or denied. It seems construction on the building has somewhat stalled for whatever reason(s). The building's completion is moving very very slowly, which is the main hold-up.

Think of it this way. Let's say the agents work your file now and approve you now but the building is not ready to be moved into. They would then have to repeat the whole process of approving you several months later once the building is ready to be moved into since your situation might have changed during the interim. It doesn't make sense for them to process your file more than once so they are going to wait until the building is ready for move-ins.

Unfortunately, the agents won't tell us any of this nor will they keep us informed on anything at all. They probably won't even make themselves available to be contacted in any form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery