Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 11:03 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,259 times

Advertisements

Do state employees get any preference or only city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 11:59 AM

186 posts, read 267,651 times
city

Old 08-16-2018, 01:25 PM

133 posts, read 130,303 times
Wouldn't state employees fall into the General category? The NY residents then everyone else but still "general"?

Old 08-16-2018, 04:48 PM

186 posts, read 267,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadlove View Post
Wouldn't state employees fall into the General category? The NY residents then everyone else but still "general"?
Nope general is NYC only ,it may have changed but i do not believe so .

Old 08-16-2018, 06:39 PM

160 posts, read 277,617 times
Hey everyone. So I know that the martketong guidelines clearly state that credit checks must only be done if there’s an apartment available for you. Has anyone experienced otherwise. My credit was checked this week but they didn’t inform me of anything. I found out with my credit karma app. I’m excited but breaking ground is managing this lottery and idk what to expect with them. What’s everyone’s experience. I’m kinda scared. This has been a very intense process.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:58 AM

133 posts, read 135,348 times
what happens if both your family size changes (birth) municipal preference changes (no longer a city employee) and also my income has changed (new job, higher pay), so I no longer qualify for a studio and 1br (which I qualified for when I applied) now I qualify for a 1br or 2br because of both my income and family size. will I get rejected? log number in the 3XX for a apartment with 100 units.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycalexa View Post
what happens if both your family size changes (birth) municipal preference changes (no longer a city employee) and also my income has changed (new job, higher pay), so I no longer qualify for a studio and 1br (which I qualified for when I applied) now I qualify for a 1br or 2br because of both my income and family size. will I get rejected? log number in the 3XX for a apartment with 100 units.
When they call you in for an interview they will adjust everything. You will no longer have ME preference though. But your application will be processed in the higher bracket for a 1 or 2 br. Happened to me. I gave birth and they updated my application for a 1 br.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatias1216 View Post
When they call you in for an interview they will adjust everything. You will no longer have ME preference though. But your application will be processed in the higher bracket for a 1 or 2 br. Happened to me. I gave birth and they updated my application for a 1 br.
did you end up getting the apartment? its honestly best that they process my income in the 1-2 br bracket because i would then qualify since my income went up as well as the members in my household, so it evens out.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycalexa View Post
did you end up getting the apartment? its honestly best that they process my income in the 1-2 br bracket because i would then qualify since my income went up as well as the members in my household, so it evens out.
I’m still waiting. My credit was ran this week. According to marketing guidelines they can only run your credit if there is an apt available for you.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatias1216 View Post
I’m still waiting. My credit was ran this week. According to marketing guidelines they can only run your credit if there is an apt available for you.
Fingers Crossed !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery