Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2019, 04:26 PM

9 posts, read 13,544 times

Advertisements

Hey guys! I know y’all have been asked a million times before in this thread but I figured I will still ask. I received an email on Jan 8th stating I was ineligible for 572 eleventh Ave apartments. The reason being I make to much for the 40% income bracket for 1 person and don’t make enough for the 60% income bracket due to the income I had on file while working with a previous employer. I no longer work for that employer and the employer I have now I make much less. I mailed out my appeal on Thursday with the documents they asked for. I just want to know how long will it take to hear back from them regarding my appeal and how long before I call to follow up with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 05:21 PM

75 posts, read 112,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatias1216 View Post
I’m still waiting. My credit was ran this week. According to marketing guidelines they can only run your credit if there is an apt available for you.
How can tell run your credit check

Old 02-01-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
Yes call them to follow up. What harm can that do

Similar happened to me. I called after waiiting about a month and then that very evening i was contacted to come in and sign the final lease. Maybe they are have a long queue and your folder is somwhere in the pile.

Hi had interview jan 22 i have wait into month hear back but problem they say be email or mail

Old 02-01-2019, 01:33 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysoberalski91 View Post
How can tell run your credit check
Sign up for an account on CreditKarma.com and it will let you know when and who runs a credit check on you. It did for me at the beginning of the week.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:38 PM

One thing I found in the flurry of activity finally this week on my application for an apartment was that one should really keep their Housing Connect profile up-to-date. I had neglected to remove a bank account that I had closed in 2017 so I had to get a letter from that bank saying I had closed that account and the date I had closed it. I also got rejected off the bat for another project because I hadn't updated my income in Housing Connect, although I would have declined the opportunity anyway since the rent was above my maximum budget so I didn't appeal.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:58 PM

So i got reject because income they calm also missing doucument im fax two documents on 29 jan which this Tuesday im also told interviewer i on my mom pa case but im have my own suffix i want appeal what should im do

Old 02-02-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysoberalski91 View Post
So i got reject because income they calm also missing doucument im fax two documents on 29 jan which this Tuesday im also told interviewer i on my mom pa case but im have my own suffix i want appeal what should im do
I'd recommend contacting and working with a Housing Ambassador - you can find listings for them here: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/renter...bassadors.page

Old 02-02-2019, 02:45 PM

Im change my mind Gurly because im got another offer sector 8 nycha

Old 02-06-2019, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,686 times
Default Next Steps

Hi,

I've been working with St. Nicks Alliance, My inital interview was 12/10 and they've sent my application to the "city" since 12/16. My anxiety is getting the best of me lol. Does anyone have any idea how long its gonna take for the city to approve the application. They've asked me for two more documents to be signed this week so i'm just wondering . Also for people who have already won lotteries apartments, Do you sign the lease the same day or is it before??

Old 03-08-2019, 12:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,251 times
what does it mean for the city to have my file on hold because their applicants with lower log numbers ahead of me who are still being process? but I am already done with the process of handing in all my documents ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery