Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2019, 01:55 PM

22 posts, read 19,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
Hi guys,

Usually when the management company runs the credit check, are you mostly in the clear?

Does that mean you were deemed eligible and next step after credit is good is send to HDC?
Yes, your file will be sent to HDC/HPD as long as your credit check doesn't raise any red flags.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 10:06 PM

98 posts, read 154,851 times
Great, thank you. My credit was checked 2 weeks ago but they haven't provided me with any new updates or whether my case has even been approved for HDC. I'm getting a bit anxious.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
Great, thank you. My credit was checked 2 weeks ago but they haven't provided me with any new updates or whether my case has even been approved for HDC. I'm getting a bit anxious.
No problem. I received the copy of my credit report and learned that my file was sent to HPD on the same day. I guess this part of the process varies from building to building. Good luck!

Old 07-05-2019, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,639 times
I recently received an email requesting additional documentation for a lottery I applied to. I wasn’t called into an interview or anything. Does this mean I was down on the list?

Old 07-06-2019, 04:05 PM

13 posts, read 12,622 times
I'm wishing I had pre-sent the form and payment for credit check a couple weeks ago, I just didn't think about it but it was included as an attachment in the email. I have my apt on Monday and I'll have to fill it out there and wait longer. Hopefully I don't lose a space because of the extra wait.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpostalworker View Post
I'm wishing I had pre-sent the form and payment for credit check a couple weeks ago, I just didn't think about it but it was included as an attachment in the email. I have my apt on Monday and I'll have to fill it out there and wait longer. Hopefully I don't lose a space because of the extra wait.
When I arrived to my appointment, there were people ahead of me. I also had to fill out an intake form before being seen. If given the choice, I would still prefer to submit everything at once so that I can rest assured that my file is complete. I doubt that you will "lose a space".

Old 08-14-2019, 09:48 AM

4 posts, read 3,482 times
Hey all,

I've been selected for further processing in the housing lottery and have my interview in a week & a half. Needless to say, I'm anxious as I compile my paperwork...

I just started a new full-time job in June, which put me in the income range for this apartment I applied for. I'm so happy now, as I'm coming off 6+ years of freelancing, and early 2019 I had so little work and was desperately broke. My dad was sending me some money each month to help with my rent (sad to admit this, but it's true). This backstory has me anxious because:

1). I don't even have 6 pay stubs from the new job yet - it'll be 4 by the time of the interview. I do have stubs from freelance jobs leading up the full-time gig... I figure I just bring any freelance paystubs from the last six months on top of my full-time ones. Think this would be reasonable?
2). Looking at my bank account from early 2019 is pretty grim, and of course since being gainfully employed I'm rebuilding and paying down some debts. Will they look at my poor finances from the past and just automatically say "no way?"
3). The money from my dad I'd be totally honest about, as I needed help.

In my interview I would explain all of this, but how much of the past do they leverage against your present and future? Everyone goes through hard times, but now that I have a stable job that puts me in the right salary range and I have good credit is this positive to outweigh my crummy early 2019? Thoughts much appreciated.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 1,959 times
Default Question?

If you apply for a housing unit via mail, how do you find out what your log number is?
I recently sent in a paper application and was mailed my application back with a stamp on the first page saying:

New York NY 100
03 Sep '19
PM 6L

Does the fact that my application was sent back mean anything? (Does that mean it was rejected? Or incorrectly completed?)

Old 10-17-2019, 10:18 AM

31 posts, read 56,580 times
I am currently a city employee who just applied for affordable housing. This is my first time applying for it and wanted to know is the lottery system applied to everyone including city employees? I saw on your post that you said City Employees get special treatment. Thanks in advanced.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:03 PM

24 posts, read 14,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a City Boy View Post
I am currently a city employee who just applied for affordable housing. This is my first time applying for it and wanted to know is the lottery system applied to everyone including city employees? I saw on your post that you said City Employees get special treatment. Thanks in advanced.
Hey.
It depend on lottery. It's mentioned at the top of the advertisement what apartments go to whom.
Usually for municipal employees its only 5%. Most are CB Preference. If you have bot preferences you have a higher probability. Remember its a lottery so you could also be lucky and get a good log #.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery