Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 10:41 AM

6 posts, read 28,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by q41apartments View Post
@VinZine - But....you won't be living together so how will she experience it? You're removing her from the application, aren't you? She can witness it and experience it when she video phones you on your iPhone and experience it from a distance. How is low income in a nice area? Those are usually located in horrible places.

Why aren't you making more money with your masters? Teens will look at you and you are the portrait of their worst fear realized. Nobody wants to know people with multiple degrees don't make over 6 figures.

@HarlemResident - I take offense to your comment. I'm in finance and do very well. Middle income lotteries now allow applicants to make around 250K. I think 250K is a solid income that screams the individual is a success story.

For people who won low income lotteries and work at Starbucks, Pinkberry or Duane Reade are the furthest thing from success stories.
It just so happens that I work in education, and my field is not very lucrative financially. Initially, I put my mother on the application to be eligible for a 2 bedroom and at the same time give her that experience. She is in a decent living situation currently, she has several options. When I first applied, I didn't really know much about the lottery process and low income guidelines. Now that I know my mother would have to live there the whole time it kind of changes things. No grown man wants to live with his mother for the rest of his life, unless she absolutely needs me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 10:44 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,934,347 times
Quote:

@HarlemResident - I take offense to your comment. I'm in finance and do very well. Middle income lotteries now allow applicants to make around 250K. I think 250K is a solid income that screams the individual is a success story.
Conversely, I see this - if actually true - as an indication of everything that is wrong with our current culture and economy. Dumb and dumber in the most fundamental sense.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinZane View Post
It just so happens that I work in education, and my field is not very lucrative financially.
I assumed that or social work. It is to your credit that you are sticking with it.
Ignore the stupidity.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:33 AM

6 posts, read 28,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
I assumed that or social work. It is to your credit that you are sticking with it.
Ignore the stupidity.
Thanks for understanding. My success goes so much deeper than anything materialistic. I get to make a difference in a child's life, that right there makes it all worth while. Although, I may never make money, I will play a pivotal role in future of our country.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:31 PM

913 posts, read 2,273,567 times
Oh lord, now I'm even more depressed. I Didn't Know YOU Were A City employee. It is a crying shame. We all the know the world is BS, but if you feel rewarded at the end of the day then that is great. I have a friend who has 3 degrees because her dream was to work at the welfare office. Now, she hates her job, life and pretty much everything else. She keeps asking me: I don't understand how you make 6 figures with a BA alone. Then she says: I'm a minority and i need all my 3 degrees to go places and here I am depressed all day at work and hoping the people applying for welfare don't slice me with a switchblade all so I can make 35K and take home less than $900.00 after taxes every 2 weeks. Let's not even start on her 80K plus loan for grad school.

You'll win your appeal. Housing lotteries love city employees. I guess it's to give back since the majority all city employees make 35K - 55K and under.

@HarlemResident - Don't be mad or jealous because you don't get 250K.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Oh lord, now I'm even more depressed. I Didn't Know YOU Were A City employee. It is a crying shame. We all the know the world is BS, but if you feel rewarded at the end of the day then that is great. I have a friend who has 3 degrees because her dream was to work at the welfare office. Now, she hates her job, life and pretty much everything else. She keeps asking me: I don't understand how you make 6 figures with a BA alone. Then she says: I'm a minority and i need all my 3 degrees to go places and here I am depressed all day at work and hoping the people applying for welfare don't slice me with a switchblade all so I can make 35K and take home less than $900.00 after taxes every 2 weeks. Let's not even start on her 80K plus loan for grad school.

You'll win your appeal. Housing lotteries love city employees. I guess it's to give back since the majority all city employees make 35K - 55K and under.

Ummmmm...

Hey, whatever.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:43 PM

338 posts, read 677,443 times
Quote:

Uh...dude, you're the one who sounds worked up, you keep dogging the guy's degrees and his income. Why are you so concerned about what people make? Calm down.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:04 PM

I am calm, but I also gots 2 keep it reel.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:23 PM

24 posts, read 37,242 times
Quote:
@VinZine - But....you won't be living together so how will she experience it? You're removing her from the application, aren't you? She can witness it and experience it when she video phones you on your iPhone and experience it from a distance. How is low income in a nice area? Those are usually located in horrible places.

Why aren't you making more money with your masters? Teens will look at you and you are the portrait of their worst fear realized. Nobody wants to know people with multiple degrees don't make over 6 figures.

For people who won low income lotteries and work at Starbucks, Pinkberry or Duane Reade are the furthest thing from success stories.
Oh be quiet. You are on every damn forum just yapping away. You don't know everyone else's situation and if @VinZine wants to live with mommy, WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH YOU AND WHY IS IT YOUR BUSINESS?! There are plenty of people who live in "Low Income Lottery Apartments" in NICE areas. Tribeca being one, Chelsea being two, Midtown being three, and plenty other places. Stop yapping like you know everything about "Lottery Apartments". Run along now.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:57 PM

Keeping it real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery