Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 07:40 AM

35 posts, read 100,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragnyc View Post
You will receive a rejection letter. You have two weeks or ten business days to appeal.
As described in the rejection letter,you will need to submit an appeal in writing the developer , explaining the reason you believe the rejection was an error.
Thanks, for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 12:30 PM

13 posts, read 32,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousK28 View Post
No, I haven't gotten any letter in the mail. All it was was her replying to an email I sent her saying that my income is too high and that was all. Can you please tell me how you appeal? Do I have to write them a letter?
Yes u need to write a letter To Wavecrest stating why u are appealing send me your email I can send u what I wrote so u can get an idea

Old 03-21-2016, 02:03 PM

9 posts, read 17,755 times
As I mentioned I have an upcoming interview on Mar 23rd( different development, tried to start thread but no reply) I also had one more question, if circumstances have changed since the original application will that be considered an automatic disqualification?

Since applying I have started a new job and my younger brother is living with me and has just turned 18 in Feb (I originally filled out the application in Nov/Dec). I am no longer eligible under my original application for a one bedroom. I however still meet the guidelines to qualify for a 2 bedroom. My question is will I be automatically disqualified since my situation has changed? I am going to have to miss an important meeting and take time off from work to attend this interview and don't want to do so if I'm already disqualified.

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2016, 02:44 PM

4,818 posts, read 6,726,435 times
It's very hard for anyone here to answer such a question accurately unless that person was in a very similar circumstance.

I haven't been in your situation, but I will hazard a guess that you do have a chance of getting the apartment.

I take it that you're making more money now in the new job and no longer qualify for that reason.

The developer and the City may require that you somehow document your brother's changed circumstances, that is, why is he having to live with you all of a sudden? Are your parents alive? If not, does he have another legal guardian?

Are you supporting him and paying for food, his bills, etc.? Does he have any money coming in? If so, that will be counted too.

I personally think it's worth it for you to go on the interview if you like the building and the location. Best of luck!

Old 03-21-2016, 03:00 PM

9 posts, read 17,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
It's very hard for anyone here to answer such a question accurately unless that person was in a very similar circumstance.

I haven't been in your situation, but I will hazard a guess that you do have a chance of getting the apartment.

I take it that you're making more money now in the new job and no longer qualify for that reason.

The developer and the City may require that you somehow document your brother's changed circumstances, that is, why is he having to live with you all of a sudden? Are your parents alive? If not, does he have another legal guardian?

Are you supporting him and paying for food, his bills, etc.? Does he have any money coming in? If so, that will be counted too.

I personally think it's worth it for you to go on the interview if you like the building and the location. Best of luck!

Thanks again! The building is literally a few blocks away from my current residence so this would be ideal. I do make significantly more than I did when I submitted the application which has bumped me out of the studio/ 1 bedroom range and into the 2bedroom range. My brother has no income as he is still in HS and not working. I just wondered since my family size and income have changed the original would that be grounds for automatic disqualification all though I still fit within the guideline.

Nevertheless we are all present for the interview and remain optimistic!

Old 03-21-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trese0215 View Post
Yes u need to write a letter To Wavecrest stating why u are appealing send me your email I can send u what I wrote so u can get an idea
Hey, I sent you a direct message with my email info. I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laur88 View Post
Thanks again! The building is literally a few blocks away from my current residence so this would be ideal. I do make significantly more than I did when I submitted the application which has bumped me out of the studio/ 1 bedroom range and into the 2bedroom range. My brother has no income as he is still in HS and not working. I just wondered since my family size and income have changed the original would that be grounds for automatic disqualification all though I still fit within the guideline.

Nevertheless we are all present for the interview and remain optimistic!
It doesn't hurt to try. You never know if you don't try. I think your brother being 18, in school, and not having any income will not hurt your chances. Now if he had income coming in it would be a whole different story.

Old 03-25-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trese0215 View Post
Can you tell me how long it took for them to get back to you with a decision on the appeal?..Thanks

Old 03-27-2016, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 4,783 times
Hello Everyone,

I had my interview on March 4th and everything appeared to go okay. I had the chance to go to three other lottery interviews, but was told I made too much. How long does it take for them to get back to you after the interview? I called them and asked what would be the length of time, but the personnel there couldn't give a straight answer. Do they call you once you've been chosen or do they send emails like the initial interview?

Old 03-28-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onDsearch View Post
Hello Everyone,

I had my interview on March 4th and everything appeared to go okay. I had the chance to go to three other lottery interviews, but was told I made too much. How long does it take for them to get back to you after the interview? I called them and asked what would be the length of time, but the personnel there couldn't give a straight answer. Do they call you once you've been chosen or do they send emails like the initial interview?
For me it took months, I had to constantly call or email them. If i didn't do that I would not have any clue about anything....Now that the buildings are actually open, being rented, and filled, maybe they would be better and faster with their response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery