Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 10:44 AM

46 posts, read 46,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathy321 View Post
I emailed all my paperwork 12/5 and contacted them a week later and they said I was on the waiting list for a 2 bedroom but that I was next and if someone didn't take the apartment they would contact me. I called them yesterday and they said all the apartments are now rented and I have to wait for someone to move out smh this was such a waste of time, what was the point of checking my credit and sending my job and employer verification letter to be put on a waiting list. I'm so annoyed with this whole process!

It's simply ridiculous that you were placed on a waiting list 1 week after submitting your paper work. Something isn't adding up. There were 31 (2 bedroom) apartments up for grab.

I want to know how they rented out 63 apartments so fast and how did they select the tenants? If they did, why not send out official letters stating the application status (Approved/Denied/Waiting list)?

It sucks to finally be chosen as a potential, gather all the paper work they ask for, wait 8 weeks (without reply) and then find out that all of the apartments have been rented out already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 11:06 AM

14 posts, read 13,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayDEE09 View Post
Hi nathy did you receive an official notice?
No I haven't received anything from them in the mail. I've been communicating with them thru email and phone. This management is very very unprofessional there's a reason they have such bad reviews! The last week of December I got a call from a lady requesting a letter. The lady was pressuring me to write it immediately and send it to her within 30 minutes, she said that someone might back down and they wanted to have my file approved asap just in case the person didn't show up, so I email her the letter which I had to type on my phone smh and 20 minutes later I get a call from a man asking me if I can go see the apartment immediately. I couldn't because I was getting my hair done but I asked if I can send my mom to see it because she lives nearby. He said that was fine as long as I trusted her judgement because they were going to do the leases that same day, so right before my mom leaves to see the apartment I decide to call him to ask another question and he doesn't answer his phone. After calling him like 3 times I decide to call the main line and the receptionist transfers me, he finally picks up and goes " oh nevermind the person showed up I'm sorry we are going to have to put you back on the waiting list" I don't know how I kept my cool because I really wanted to go off, I'm so over them and this whole process!!

Old 01-18-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
No I haven't received anything from them in the mail. I've been communicating with them thru email and phone. This management is very very unprofessional there's a reason they have such bad reviews! The last week of December I got a call from a lady requesting a letter. The lady was pressuring me to write it immediately and send it to her within 30 minutes, she said that someone might back down and they wanted to have my file approved asap just in case the person didn't show up, so I email her the letter which I had to type on my phone smh and 20 minutes later I get a call from a man asking me if I can go see the apartment immediately. I couldn't because I was getting my hair done but I asked if I can send my mom to see it because she lives nearby. He said that was fine as long as I trusted her judgement because they were going to do the leases that same day, so right before my mom leaves to see the apartment I decide to call him to ask another question and he doesn't answer his phone. After calling him like 3 times I decide to call the main line and the receptionist transfers me, he finally picks up and goes " oh nevermind the person showed up I'm sorry we are going to have to put you back on the waiting list" I don't know how I kept my cool because I really wanted to go off, I'm so over them and this whole process!!
What the F...? I'm curious now, What was the letter about? (The one the lady asked you to write). They were rushing to fill every single apartment after one week! Meaning, they did not review all of the applications and then started a process of elimination based on the background checks and credit reports. It sounds more like a first come, first serve ordeal, as long as you were income eligible. There has to be someone we could complain to or something.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeds03 View Post
What the F...? I'm curious now, What was the letter about? (The one the lady asked you to write). They were rushing to fill every single apartment after one week! Meaning, they did not review all of the applications and then started a process of elimination based on the background checks and credit reports. It sounds more like a first come, first serve ordeal, as long as you were income eligible.
I really don't know how it works and I'm done breaking my head trying to figure it out because from what they told me my file was waitlisted because there was someone infront of me I guess with a lower log number. She just wanted a letter stating I wasn't working with 2 other companies anymore because I had 3 W2's in 2015.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I really don't know how it works and I'm done breaking my head trying to figure it out because from what they told me my file was waitlisted because there was someone infront of me I guess with a lower log number. She just wanted a letter stating I wasn't working with 2 other companies anymore because I had 3 W2's in 2015.
Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering what your log number is? Mine is #5227

Old 01-18-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeds03 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering what your log number is? Mine is #5227
Mine is in the 4500's, I guess everyone who has not heard by now will be put on the waiting list because she said everything was rented.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:49 AM

Oh and I actually called HDC 1st and they said the building was full also ☹️

Old 01-18-2017, 01:21 PM

83 posts, read 83,506 times
My log # is 1414. Hella low that **** has nothing to do with it.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:30 PM

64 posts, read 85,349 times
Quote:
Oh and I actually called HDC 1st and they said the building was full also ☹️
Who did you speak with at HDC? Would you release the contact info?

Old 01-18-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayDEE09 View Post
My log # is 1414. Hella low that **** has nothing to do with it.
The only thing I can think of is maybe it's divided into groups by preference and that's why some people with low log numbers get waitlisted for example a certain number is set aside for people with disabilities so let's say they only have 4 apartments for them and log numbers 1-4 have disabilities then if your log number 5 with a disability you would be waitlisted and then they would keep on going with the other groups. That's the only way it kinda makes sense to me but i'm just guessing who knows how they do things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery