Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 07:21 AM

2 posts, read 4,780 times

Advertisements

Thank you for responding. I feel so hopeless when it comes to these apartments. I'm wondering why they don't at least tell the applicant that their management office has approved them, but are waiting for HPD for approval. I wish there was information or a website that shows the guidelines that must be followed for an applicant to be approved through HPD. Has anyone who moved in recently like or dislike the area? I know the cemetery across the street is a little off putting, but overall is it a nice building and how are the actual apartments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 6,659 times
So glad to hear that many of you are finally receiving responses, Congratulations! As for myself, I interviewed in June 2015 and just received a phone call last week 3/24/16 requesting if I was still interested and if so I had to submit all new documents. I notarized and submitted all the documents the same day. I only know that they were received because I got a notification from the credit bureau that my credit was run. I am still waiting for a response from someone. I was wondering the same, how long did it take after the paperwork was submitted to be approved by the HPD, I have noticed that it varies between people. Also was wondering what the neighborhood was like as well as parking since some people have been in a little longer and the neighbors/residents in the buildings.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:45 AM

4,789 posts, read 6,617,231 times
In my friend's case (different building, a few months ago), HPD approval took one week.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,956 times
Has anyone been able to post any pictures or videos of what the apartments look like inside? I would really like to know how small they are

Old 04-17-2016, 06:16 PM

8 posts, read 13,581 times
Hello all. Congrats to all that have finished the process and moved in. After going in my interview on March 4 2016 I received a rejection letter because of my income. I called immediately and spoke to the person that send me the letter and she asked for additional paper work as why I had additional income. As I am a union city worker I was able to show that out contract had just past a we received additional retro money. I called and emailed her a week later and she said a meet guidelines and my file will be send for approval. I am guessing that means the City? Right. I then emailed her again asking for an update and she replied my file is being process.

What should I be looking for at this point. Keeping positive. Thanks in advance for any response or advise.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:02 PM

41 posts, read 86,059 times
hey guys so here is my experience. last year they finally chose me for an interview, i applied in 2012 i believe before my son was born or maybe a few months after he was born. can't remember but they emailed last year for an interview but i didn't go since circumstances changed and i'm now in a shelter. so then in ending of april this year 2016 they contacted me again. i didn't see the email til the 29th i emailed right back and said i was definitely interested and told her my situation of being in a shelter but having linc and a city feps voucher. she said that was ok in the email and emailed me a packet that i needed to have notarized and filled out. i just did that today after they called me and said today was the deadline i emailed everything right back. so hopefully soon because everything has been a dead end for me and my kids, having two programs and on the waitlist for housing for a 3 bedroom in the bronx and still can't find anything. i'm just so sick of being in the shelter with the kids now especially considering we have to be gone by june 30th this year. does anyone know how long after all documents are notarized and signed and sent back that it will take for me to be called? i'm really rooting for this especially since my mom lives right on gun hill road and it would be easy to visit her and have her help out with the kids while i finish my college degree. thanks in advance every one

Old 05-09-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalove1 View Post
You are at the end stage my friend. that was the last step signing that package that they are going to email you. Once you do that, you are basically letting them know you are ready to make sure that you want the apartment. Just make sure you get it back to them right before the deadline dont have them wait the quicker they get it the better for you i got that sucker in the next freaking day I was playing no games ! good luck to you, we will be neighbors soon!

Hey I know I'm super late on this thread. Hopefully I'll get a response but the lady contacted me last year. And then this year. She sent me a big packet of stuff to sign and notarize.we've been corresponding via email and I sent the packet via email the last stuff today. Hoping and praying that this is really the last step. But I haven't seen them pull my credit or nothing but then again I never had an interview which is weird so I'm wondering what's gonna happen but I'm praying so hard for good things cause I'm in the shelter with three kids and have to be out by Jun 30. Are there any pics of the building inside and the apartment you can show ? Thanks in advance and congrats

Old 05-18-2016, 05:13 PM

So I've never had so much headache trying to apply for anything sheesh, so after ALL OF THIS NOTARIZING NOTARIZING NOTARIZING NOTARIZING, today i called to get a status and they said i have to wait for someone to call me back, i'm assuming the person who handled y case. so today around 624 pm i get a missed call and called them right back now they are asking me to write and notarize MORE LETTERS, letters i just notarized last week and sent to the other lady who handled my file. now supposedly the bosses came in and they were moving too slow so it lit a fire under their asses ugh. i'm so frustrated, they said my file was sent to hdc but they needed more stuff so i'm gonna do it tomorrow. does anyone know how long it takes after hdc to receive your file that they let you know anything? because i saw that last week they ran my credit, so i'm like ok whats the hold up. sorry guys i'm just so frustrated

Old 05-19-2016, 06:09 PM

8 posts, read 13,581 times
Prettymommy24:

I understand I went on to hand in my paper work on March 4 and they said they send my file at the end of March and no call yet. And I know the building is not full yet. I called and email and all my person says is that my file is still being process. It's a very frustrating process. I notice construction is being finish next to this building and started on a new building all ready. I guess I'll have to apply for the new ones too as this is taking so long.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:32 PM

Gosh it's like when is the wait gonna be over now they call and email me saying they need a budget letter from public assistance. Sheesh I hope and pray this isn't all in vain for us. Cause this sucks. I hope they can get me into a three bedroom for their prices for all of this. If not just give me a 2 bedroom and let me move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesX View Post
Prettymommy24:

I understand I went on to hand in my paper work on March 4 and they said they send my file at the end of March and no call yet. And I know the building is not full yet. I called and email and all my person says is that my file is still being process. It's a very frustrating process. I notice construction is being finish next to this building and started on a new building all ready. I guess I'll have to apply for the new ones too as this is taking so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery