Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 10:38 AM

41 posts, read 85,970 times

Advertisements

So update. I went to their office yesterday to drop off my budget letter and they already ran my credit so here's to hopin but can anyone provide any insight on what the next steps should be and does anyone know if they're still having vacant apartments i just hope all those notarizing and traveling I've been doing since may isn't I need vain considering I have 27 days to move out of my shelter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 06:56 PM

8 posts, read 13,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettymommy24 View Post
So update. I went to their office yesterday to drop off my budget letter and they already ran my credit so here's to hopin but can anyone provide any insight on what the next steps should be and does anyone know if they're still having vacant apartments i just hope all those notarizing and traveling I've been doing since may isn't I need vain considering I have 27 days to move out of my shelter
Maybe your process will be quick because of your situation. Keep positive I have put it out into the universe I'm still waiting since March and when I reach out to them it's always your file is being process they send my file out in April. Good luck

Old 06-04-2016, 07:18 PM

377 posts, read 509,262 times
PebblesX, when you say that your file was sent out in April, do you mean that it was sent out to the City for approval?

Old 06-05-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post
PebblesX, when you say that your file was sent out in April, do you mean that it was sent out to the City for approval?
Yes. She said it was sent to the city. I have emailed her several time. I even reached out to HPD and they email me back asking for some info. I have not received anything back from HPD yet. I wanted to see if I can see if there is a way I can find out the status.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:26 PM

Do you have the email for hpd? I wanna find a contact number or something because I'm seriously about though be on their asses at this point. 25 days to get out of here and im stressed loke come one what more do yall need you know.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Do you have the email for hpd? I wanna find a contact number or something because I'm seriously about though be on their asses at this point. 25 days to get out of here and im stressed loke come one what more do yall need you know.
I contact them on FAcebook and they replied

Old 06-07-2016, 10:22 AM

Hey guys got the call yesterday to see the apartment. Saw it today. Beautiful 3 bad 2 bathroom. Rooms are kind of small but hell who can be picky I would've taken anything and im gonna be on the 13th floor the last floor. Building is beautiful and nice I like it and since I know and am from the area that's a plus. I'm actually on my way to sign the lease to! Thanks for all your input guys. God has truly come through for me at the last minute like my mama said he would

Old 06-09-2016, 10:15 AM

246 posts, read 485,844 times
Quote:
Hey guys got the call yesterday to see the apartment. Saw it today. Beautiful 3 bad 2 bathroom. Rooms are kind of small but hell who can be picky I would've taken anything and im gonna be on the 13th floor the last floor. Building is beautiful and nice I like it and since I know and am from the area that's a plus. I'm actually on my way to sign the lease to! Thanks for all your input guys. God has truly come through for me at the last minute like my mama said he would

congrats to you.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy36 View Post
congrats to you.

thanks so much, just wanted to update you guys. as you know i'm renting with a voucher and in the shelter so this literally couldn't have happened at a better time for me. I might be able to pick up my keys fingers crossed on friday since my case workers are getting the checks to them between tomorrow and thursday. nycha actually contacted me about an apartment in the soundview area and i gladly chose this building instead of nycha considering how bad and ghetto the area is with all the crime. this place looks like a really safe place and with seeing the apartment and seeing the way things operate i'm sure i'll be happier and safer here. to the girl who was waiting since april with hpd stay on their asses because when i got the call to keep notarizing stuff i spoke with someone who told me that the big bosses came in and said they moving to slow and thats why he was giving me a call to speed up the process so please stay on their asses. also if you have to make an appearance at the office please do i think doing things in person helps things move along, i'll continue praying for you, i should be moved in hopefully before the end of the month but once i get my keys i'll be happy for sure.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:27 AM

151 posts, read 246,418 times
Congrats! God is sooooo good. He's always on time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery