Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 08:28 PM

35 posts, read 100,801 times

Advertisements

Update: I was told in October that I am on a waiting list. The only reason I found that out is because I emailed the interviewer about a thousand times trying to find out what's up with my app. They never contacted me in the 6-8 week interval like they said they would and I never received any info. from them about my app. status unless I hounded them like a dog. SMH huge disappoint and waste of my money (that was used for my credit check).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 08:13 AM

14 posts, read 37,367 times
Default CuriousK28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousK28 View Post
Update: I was told in October that I am on a waiting list. The only reason I found that out is because I emailed the interviewer about a thousand times trying to find out what's up with my app. They never contacted me in the 6-8 week interval like they said they would and I never received any info. from them about my app. status unless I hounded them like a dog. SMH huge disappoint and waste of my money (that was used for my credit check).
so you on a waiting list , meaning you got approved ? and whats the reason you on a waiting list ? is it because there is no more apartments available ?

Old 01-05-2016, 10:40 AM

3 posts, read 9,079 times
I move in and have not seen any shelter people only working class so far

Old 01-05-2016, 01:40 PM

4 posts, read 17,669 times
Blessed 57
wow that's great Congrats!! how do the apartments look? when did you go for you interview I went in August and i'm still waiting.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed 57 View Post
Nice to know someone got approved, Congrats, which Building did you moved to and how big are the apartments? I'm still waiting 😩

Old 01-12-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glove156 View Post
so you on a waiting list , meaning you got approved ? and whats the reason you on a waiting list ? is it because there is no more apartments available ?
I'm on a waiting list because there aren't any more 3 bedroom apartments available for the amount of applications they have right now. That is what I applied for a 3 bedroom. I called the management company yesterday, 01/11/16, and asked if they could tell me how far up on the list I am and how long they think it will be until I'm notified? After speaking to several different people, in the end I was told that they would go through the entire community board first and move down the list like that. I told her that I am in the community board and is there any telling of when they would get to me. She said that she does see that I am in the community board, but there really isn't a way to tell when I will be called.
I am not sure if being on a waiting list means that you got approved. I think when and if the time comes that they do call someone on a waiting list they will ask for updated paperwork and then take it from there.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousK28 View Post
I'm on a waiting list because there aren't any more 3 bedroom apartments available for the amount of applications they have right now. That is what I applied for a 3 bedroom. I called the management company yesterday, 01/11/16, and asked if they could tell me how far up on the list I am and how long they think it will be until I'm notified? After speaking to several different people, in the end I was told that they would go through the entire community board first and move down the list like that. I told her that I am in the community board and is there any telling of when they would get to me. She said that she does see that I am in the community board, but there really isn't a way to tell when I will be called.
I am not sure if being on a waiting list means that you got approved. I think when and if the time comes that they do call someone on a waiting list they will ask for updated paperwork and then take it from there.
thanks for the information and good luck

Old 01-12-2016, 01:39 PM

13 posts, read 32,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed 57 View Post
Congrats If u don't mind me asking what was your log number & did u move into a 1 bedroom ? Are the apartments big ?

Old 01-14-2016, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glove156 View Post
thanks for the information and good luck
No prob, Good Luck to you too.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:32 AM

5 posts, read 42,400 times
I just got a email the other day stating to come into an interview for Jan 29th. But there's one problem, my income has grown over the maximum income bracket smh. I make about 5k over the income now which would push me slightly under the un affordable rent for 1100. So basically I'm in no income bracket I'm just floating between... Will I get disqualified in the spot because my income changed? Or do I still have a chance being that I'm a city employee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery