Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 06:13 PM

35 posts, read 100,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalove1 View Post
She told me after I view the apartment that I go to the office, to sign the lease and I can pick up the keys anytime before 5 pm after that..
Wow, that's wonderful...I got a call last week to send updated pay stubs, tax forms, etc. So she can verify my income again. She also ran my credit because I saw the inquiry on credit Karma lol. After that she sent me a packet to sign and have notarized so she can send it in to be approved, I am assuming by the city. If they do approve me I hope I will be getting the good news just as you and the other people on this forum have been, with signing a lease and viewing the apt. I pray that I do. This has been a long process. After I was told that I was on the waiting list I thought I wouldn't ever be called. I am happy I was and that I may have a chance.

Last edited by CuriousK28; 02-27-2016 at 06:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 09:09 AM

21 posts, read 43,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousK28 View Post
Wow, that's wonderful...I got a call last week to send updated pay stubs, tax forms, etc. So she can verify my income again. She also ran my credit because I saw the inquiry on credit Karma lol. After that she sent me a packet to sign and have notarized so she can send it in to be approved, I am assuming by the city. If they do approve me I hope I will be getting the good news just as you and the other people on this forum have been, with signing a lease and viewing the apt. I pray that I do. This has been a long process. After I was told that I was on the waiting list I thought I wouldn't ever be called. I am happy I was and that I may have a chance.
You are at the end stage my friend. that was the last step signing that package that they are going to email you. Once you do that, you are basically letting them know you are ready to make sure that you want the apartment. Just make sure you get it back to them right before the deadline dont have them wait the quicker they get it the better for you i got that sucker in the next freaking day I was playing no games ! good luck to you, we will be neighbors soon!

Old 02-28-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalove1 View Post
You are at the end stage my friend. that was the last step signing that package that they are going to email you. Once you do that, you are basically letting them know you are ready to make sure that you want the apartment. Just make sure you get it back to them right before the deadline dont have them wait the quicker they get it the better for you i got that sucker in the next freaking day I was playing no games ! good luck to you, we will be neighbors soon!
Thanks. Yes! I handed it in the same day lol. I have my fingers crossed hopefully we will be neighbors . Please let us know how the apt. Looks.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:07 AM

4 posts, read 8,720 times
Hello Everyone. So I am not as far along in the process as most of you appear to be. But, nonetheless, congratulations. As for me, I received an email from Wavecrest a couple weeks ago containing a notification that my application had been selected. I was advised of the list of documents that I need to bring for my interview this Friday.

However I had some preliminary questions that you guys might be able to provide some insight on. First, I am a city employee and am assuming that the 5% preference paid off. Do you think that I will be receiving a unit or be placed on a waiting list? Also, I am not entirely educated on this housing program. Are all units rent-stabilized? And as far as the household size, what is the system of determining how lives in the unit after move-in? Did management give you any insight as to how strict they are regarding that?

Again, any insight is greatly appreciated. I visited the property on Saturday on my own time and was able to check out the interior and exterior of the building. It looks like a hotel inside with the layout of the hallways. Everything entirely new. And quiet neighbors across the street...

Thanks everyone. Happy Monday

Old 02-29-2016, 06:29 AM

13 posts, read 32,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousK28 View Post
Now that you've seen the apt. Did they tell you how long it will be until you are able to move in?
You can move in the same day you sign your lease, they give you a key release form to take to the super and you pick up your keys.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:52 AM

Hey Trese, would you be able to give me some insight on my post above?

Old 02-29-2016, 12:19 PM

11 posts, read 22,383 times
Hello Granma26, being a city worker is a plus. As for who lives in your unit, it depends on your family size. When you applied, it should have indicated the income limit for your family size. I think when all your documents are accepted, they send your information to hpd ; who makes the final decision. Good luck!

Old 02-29-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlon0504 View Post
Hello Granma26, being a city worker is a plus. As for who lives in your unit, it depends on your family size. When you applied, it should have indicated the income limit for your family size. I think when all your documents are accepted, they send your information to hpd ; who makes the final decision. Good luck!
Are the apartments rent-stabilized?

Old 02-29-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granma26 View Post
Are the apartments rent-stabilized?
Yes, they are rent stabilized...As to how many people live with you after you move in, I don't know how that works. I do not know if they check who lives with you every year after you are already accepted, approved, and living there. I do know that they ask for your family size before you move in and use a guideline along with your income and base your eligibility with that.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:46 PM

21 posts, read 43,692 times
I viewed my unit today, I have a one bedroom apartment and it is small. Even though yes its rent stabilized I am in the unit not as someone with low income. The building is divided. Some are paying 845 for a one bedroom and I will be paying 1214 for my one bedroom. I am a government worker, so working for the city doesn't stop you from being able to get one of the units. Tomorrow I'll be signing my lease, but I am going to find out if any one bedrooms are available to see if I can look at it to see the difference. I dont see where I can upload pictures because I would. Even with everything I will be taking the unit regardless if I cant get a bigger one bedroom unit. These apartment are made small, which is absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery