Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 07:32 AM

75 posts, read 119,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grix1993 View Post
Honestly because of it being in brownsville. I live all the way in queens and Ive heard its not safe.

Girl take it. The area is not that bad the precinct is 2 blocks away...You'll be fine. I live a few blocks away.. I applied and would love to live there, but still waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 07:35 AM

75 posts, read 119,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grix1993 View Post
I did! And I feel you. Im just scared about whose going to live in the building and if its safe at night. Im only 22 y.o

I started a forum on prospect place. There's people on there that moved in already. Maybe you can get some feedback from them.....Just type in oceanhill in the search box

Old 08-16-2016, 11:48 AM

67 posts, read 75,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorditostyle View Post
No the rent won't skyrocket up , it base off ur income but but I read it caps at 20% increase so for me it cap at $1033.00 even if I make $500,000 a year
Oh wow ! Oh ok .. thank u .. Did you too sign a two year lease ?

Old 08-26-2016, 07:32 PM

67 posts, read 75,839 times
OMG I lost a set of keys .. Can I just go to the hardware and make a copy ? Or do I have to go through them and pay ? Do I have to wait all the way until Monday ? Is management not open on weekends?

Old 09-12-2016, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,819 times
Angry Displacing Residents

It's rather sad that no one seems to care about the current residents that will be displaced by building these new building, literally on top of the existing projects. Most of the residents here don't even know what is happening. I went to a nice little street fair the other day- was given some free fruit and water and informed that one of these buildings will be built in my back parking lot. Not only is there not even enough room for their desired plans but they intend to move the residents of my building out and not give us first choice over these new buildings. They will basically be displacing us, taking away our playgrounds, our gardens and our homes. Maybe Brownsville doesn't have the best rep- but amazing people live where I live and we are a family. We will have nowhere else to go! Please do not support these awful and heartless plans.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:02 PM

196 posts, read 330,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatalano88 View Post
It's rather sad that no one seems to care about the current residents that will be displaced by building these new building, literally on top of the existing projects. Most of the residents here don't even know what is happening. I went to a nice little street fair the other day- was given some free fruit and water and informed that one of these buildings will be built in my back parking lot. Not only is there not even enough room for their desired plans but they intend to move the residents of my building out and not give us first choice over these new buildings. They will basically be displacing us, taking away our playgrounds, our gardens and our homes. Maybe Brownsville doesn't have the best rep- but amazing people live where I live and we are a family. We will have nowhere else to go! Please do not support these awful and heartless plans.

I'm sorry that happening to you but Those building are the 2nd part of Livonia comm project . Those are luxury rental building. All this information has been public knowledge since early 2014 when they announced it
To better the Nighborhood

50% of the apartments were for the locals the other 50% were breaking down by comba and NYC lottery

Here what the end result going to be
http://www.dunndev.com/L3/images/livonia/LIV-2BG.jpg

You might not see it now but this project was put in place to better the nightborhood for the far future

Old 01-25-2017, 01:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxBoxGod View Post
I got called back for an interview about days ago but I'm hesitant.. I don't know the Brooklyn area at all and some people have been telling me it's worse than where I am now in the Bronx. Do you or anyone on these forum have comments about the Brownsville / east New York where these builds are located ?
"I live directly across from these beautiful new buildings. I must admit when I first moved here I was a little nervous. I heard about this being a rough area. But I've been here a year now and its not horrible. Not a place to start making friends and hanging around the block. You come and you go and you'll be okay. I'm never worried."

Old 01-15-2020, 12:46 PM

48 posts, read 38,984 times
Default What comes after compliance review?

@apartment_hunting I know it’s been a while but what does it means when they send your file to compliance for review? What comes after that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery