Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2016, 07:56 PM

46 posts, read 46,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherinh View Post
Maybe they'll call you by next week I went on Friday to look around the area and I saw two buildings or maybe three empty that gave me so much hope and the neighborhood doesn't look bad plus we are in nyc every neighborhood got its ups and down. But your good you already view your apartment.

Does it have a lot of closet space?
Yeah, I believe only one of the buildings has been filled so far, I pass by everyday on the train going home from work. I've lived in East NY almost my whole life, and as you said every neighborhood has its ups and downs, we just need to be careful and aware of our surroundings that goes for any where.

I was so excited to be seeing the apartment that I really didn't even pay attention to the closet space lol but I do know the closets in the bedrooms are a nice size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 11:38 PM

72 posts, read 73,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJus08 View Post
Yeah, I believe only one of the buildings has been filled so far, I pass by everyday on the train going home from work. I've lived in East NY almost my whole life, and as you said every neighborhood has its ups and downs, we just need to be careful and aware of our surroundings that goes for any where.

I was so excited to be seeing the apartment that I really didn't even pay attention to the closet space lol but I do know the closets in the bedrooms are a nice size.
Im súper excited I can't wait for this process to be over and we all get our units. once you see the unit you want they put aside for you. I heard when you view your apartment your supposed to tell them from the units you've seen which one you really want

Old 04-17-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Im súper excited I can't wait for this process to be over and we all get our units. once you see the unit you want they put aside for you. I heard when you view your apartment your supposed to tell them from the units you've seen which one you really want
They showed me two 2 bedroom apartments and I looked at a 1 bedroom real quick. I saw the one bedroom because I was being nosey lol there was a lady there viewing it and I asked if I can look. The first 2 bedroom apartment I saw it the one I fell in love with and took pictures of, the second one I saw was a different layout and the bedrooms were smaller. I was told we can't choose, they're assigned by income brackets. Thankfully when I called management to ask about that they said I get the bigger 2 bedroom apartment.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:23 AM

436 posts, read 496,497 times
Oh okayyyy I know that one of the girls that already got the apartment she said that one had a kitchen island and one didn't. I hope I get the one with the kitchen island. But beggars can't be choosers lol at this point I take whichever they give me ��

Old 04-17-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Oh okayyyy I know that one of the girls that already got the apartment she said that one had a kitchen island and one didn't. I hope I get the one with the kitchen island. But beggars can't be choosers lol at this point I take whichever they give me ��
I agree but I will love the kitchen island. Lol

Old 04-17-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the bigger apartments have it. The kitchens are beautiful!

Old 04-17-2016, 04:15 PM

������ I wish I get the kitchen island one also ���� I got my old employer letter in the mail yesterday. On Monday I'm going to fax it to prestige and hopefully that's good enough to send it off to the city for approval. I wish it was May already and we were all moved in and everything ��

Old 04-17-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
������ I wish I get the kitchen island one also ���� I got my old employer letter in the mail yesterday. On Monday I'm going to fax it to prestige and hopefully that's good enough to send it off to the city for approval. I wish it was May already and we were all moved in and everything ��
Yes! My current lease renews in May, I was hoping to be out before then. I wish they'd hurry up!

Old 04-17-2016, 07:21 PM

Yes I have a feeling we will be all in by May because we are all on the last steps of the process I'm just so happy we all have gotten our second interview that means our credit was what they required and also to make sure we have a job still so I don't see why the city will deny this opportunity. Anyways what the city approval consist off. What are they looking at when they send the papers to the city.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Yes I have a feeling we will be all in by May because we are all on the last steps of the process I'm just so happy we all have gotten our second interview that means our credit was what they required and also to make sure we have a job still so I don't see why the city will deny this opportunity. Anyways what the city approval consist off. What are they looking at when they send the papers to the city.
I'm assuming it's just to verify everything is how we said it was and to see if there's anything they need to overlook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery