Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 02:15 PM

67 posts, read 75,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Your welcome !! And good luck!

Guys I need help . They called and told me that I am eligible for a one bedroom and they want me to Come in tomorrow with another pay stubs . ( tomorrow's pay stub )

The only issue ( my blessing ) is that I am pregnant ... I didn't tell them this because at the time I did the interview I wasn't . Is this going to change things for me ?

I hope you guys can help . On one hand I am like why does it matter because the baby isn't here yet so it's not like I lied & then I am also like ... Maybe I should have told her on the phone ? Does it even matter ? ......
Rate this post positively
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 07:21 PM

436 posts, read 496,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment_hunting View Post
Guys I need help . They called and told me that I am eligible for a one bedroom and they want me to Come in tomorrow with another pay stubs . ( tomorrow's pay stub )

The only issue ( my blessing ) is that I am pregnant ... I didn't tell them this because at the time I did the interview I wasn't . Is this going to change things for me ?

I hope you guys can help . On one hand I am like why does it matter because the baby isn't here yet so it's not like I lied & then I am also like ... Maybe I should have told her on the phone ? Does it even matter ? ......
Rate this post positively
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Hmmm I suggest you don't say anything as of yet bc they might hold you off on the apartment since the household size is gonna be changing. I had won another lottery back in 2014, I applied not married. When they called I was married and pregnant but when I applied in 2013 I just applied for myself. And so the lady told me that that changes everything, that I would have to reapply with updated info and that took me off the list. So I just recommend for you to get your foot in the door of this one bedroom and start applying with the updated household size so that if you get called by another development you won't have the same issue, bc your info would already be updated and you can also see when the baby is here and all, try to see if management for here can work with you to give you a bigger unit. At least, that's what I would do.

Last edited by Amourlee; 06-16-2016 at 07:32 PM..

Old 06-16-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Hmmm I suggest you don't say anything as of yet bc they might hold you off on the apartment since the household size is gonna be changing. I had won another lottery back in 2014, I applied not married. When they called I was married and pregnant but when I applied in 2013 I just applied for myself. And so the lady told me that that changes everything, that I would have to reapply with updated info and that took me off the list. So I just recommend for you to get your foot in the door of this one bedroom and start applying with the updated household size so that if you get called by another development you won't have the same issue, bc your info would already be updated and you can also see when the baby is here and all, try to see if management for here can work with you to give you a bigger unit. At least, that's what I would do.
So I called like a different affordable housing manangement company and he suggested that I just go .he said they can't turn me down for being pregnant because that would be discrimination. I applied with me and my son ( 4 years old ) to be the only ones living in the apartment . I can't hide / don't mention the pregnancy at this point because my baby is due on Wednesday . Lol . I am just going to go and see what happens . I'm not going to beat myself up about it because I need a two bedroom anyway !.. But it would be nice to have affordable rent right now .

Another question.. Since I am going into the management office tomorrow and she said they approved me for a one bedroom .. What would be the next step ? If they let me continue with the process ...I am thinking looking at the apartment would be next . However, I will update you tomorrow . The appointment is at the management office at 11 am .... Wish me luck ** sad face **

Old 06-17-2016, 01:43 PM

If any one was wondering ... I kind of got my question ^^^ answered today . The lady that I was working work with at the management office is putting me through to the smaller 2 bedroom. Since I am pregnant. Allegedly I am supposed to be seeing the apartment on Monday and she said she will call with the building and the address . Did it happen like that with y'all ? ( they called and gave you the address ? )

Old 06-17-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
So I called like a different affordable housing manangement company and he suggested that I just go .he said they can't turn me down for being pregnant because that would be discrimination. I applied with me and my son ( 4 years old ) to be the only ones living in the apartment . I can't hide / don't mention the pregnancy at this point because my baby is due on Wednesday . Lol . I am just going to go and see what happens . I'm not going to beat myself up about it because I need a two bedroom anyway !.. But it would be nice to have affordable rent right now .

Another question.. Since I am going into the management office tomorrow and she said they approved me for a one bedroom .. What would be the next step ? If they let me continue with the process ...I am thinking looking at the apartment would be next . However, I will update you tomorrow . The appointment is at the management office at 11 am .... Wish me luck ** sad face **
oh so you're really really pregnant lol congrats!! and everything will be fine!! keep us posted!!

Old 06-17-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
oh so you're really really pregnant lol congrats!! and everything will be fine!! keep us posted!!
Thank you boo

... Hopefully she called like she said she will so that I can see the apartment on Monday

Old 06-17-2016, 08:47 PM

160 posts, read 168,580 times
Hello Amourlee, how's it going, prospect place called me today for lease signing told her I got something already

Old 06-20-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
If any one was wondering ... I kind of got my question ^^^ answered today . The lady that I was working work with at the management office is putting me through to the smaller 2 bedroom. Since I am pregnant. Allegedly I am supposed to be seeing the apartment on Monday and she said she will call with the building and the address . Did it happen like that with y'all ? ( they called and gave you the address ? )
Let us know what they tell you. That's good you might get that 2 bedrooms, and yeah they call you and let you know where to go so hopefully you hear something today. If you don't hear anything by 4pm just give them a call to see what they say

Old 06-20-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis22 View Post
Hello Amourlee, how's it going, prospect place called me today for lease signing told her I got something already
Heyy I was just thinking about you. So i have an actual next door neighbor from the forum, she literally lives next door to me, jayjuss. I don't think I've seen you around the building tho, lol well even if I've seen you I don't know how you look lol. Anyways, so far so good. I got my furnitures, cable, my hot water is fixed, and now I'm just focusing on hooking up the apartment with everything else I need. I'll try to upload some pics later on today.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis22 View Post
Wow that's crazy, I mean the process was wayyyyy faster than Livonia but they came a little too late. And the rent would of been a little higher. I'm actually happy here, the area seems relatively calm lol well from my apartment. I haven't roam the streets at night lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery