Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 01:18 PM

436 posts, read 497,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinigurlMila View Post
Hey we just got a call saying we got approved ...
and to come in Saturday to sign our lease..
plus 2 money order of $849.... im so happy! !!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! Did you view the apartments before getting approved??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 01:51 PM

197 posts, read 254,164 times
Quote:
Hey we just got a call saying we got approved ...
and to come in Saturday to sign our lease..
plus 2 money order of $849.... im so happy! !!!!!
Yipeeeeee that's great!!! Congrats

Old 11-26-2015, 08:57 AM

17 posts, read 34,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Congrats!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! Did you view the apartments before getting approved??
Thank you. I viewed apartments back in October.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
Yipeeeeee that's great!!! Congrats
Thank you. .. did they give you a move in date?

Old 11-27-2015, 06:48 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,143,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
Anyone who watches the 10 O'clock news will see that East NY is on there every night. The awarded tenants will only ruin their new apartments and invite all their relatives and family to stay with them and turn it into some half way house for people without proper documents to live and work in the US.

It's just common sense that East NY is the Newark, NJ of NYC. There truly are no words. I feel bad for the developer of the building who shelled out millions of dollars to build a complex in such a horrible area in exchange for a tax credit on real estate property.
I can't disagree with you there.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I can't disagree with you there.
And I will disagree on this pathetic quote. I as a young woman who is married at 23 with a 1 year old, it's hard trying to find an affordable apartment in brooklyn. Not everyone who is looking for cheap rent needs an apartment to invite all there relative to live and have no proper documents to work or live in the US... who ever wrote this needs to stop judging ppl. You never know anyone's situation in life... me myself immigrated here from America but unlike many immigrants... I never lived off the system and currently is not asking for any hand outs from the government... so being awarded this affordable unit is a blessing for my family... AND IVE LIVED IN EAST NEW YORK FOR 18 YEARS AND YES THERE WAS LITTLE CRIME , BUT TO HELL ITS CRIMES EVERYWHERE... MANHATTAN, QUEENS, BRONX ... THE WHOle OF USA have CRIME.... will I be scared my whole life because east ny has a little crime hell no...

Old 11-28-2015, 01:44 PM

78 posts, read 169,010 times
Quote:
And I will disagree on this pathetic quote. I as a young woman who is married at 23 with a 1 year old, it's hard trying to find an affordable apartment in brooklyn. Not everyone who is looking for cheap rent needs an apartment to invite all there relative to live and have no proper documents to work or live in the US... who ever wrote this needs to stop judging ppl. You never know anyone's situation in life... me myself immigrated here from America but unlike many immigrants... I never lived off the system and currently is not asking for any hand outs from the government... so being awarded this affordable unit is a blessing for my family... AND IVE LIVED IN EAST NEW YORK FOR 18 YEARS AND YES THERE WAS LITTLE CRIME , BUT TO HELL ITS CRIMES EVERYWHERE... MANHATTAN, QUEENS, BRONX ... THE WHOle OF USA have CRIME.... will I be scared my whole life because east ny has a little crime hell no...
Please don't defend yourself against the likes of NYCLotteryGurl, she has been on every lottery forum to say every and anything negative about the lottery system. Please feel free to ignore her and others like herself. Honestly if they don't want to live in east new york, then don't comment. There are plenty of people who are looking to improve their current living situations and this is a great opportunity. I have family in the area and all of east new york is not crime infested.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:02 PM

197 posts, read 254,164 times
Quote:
Thank you. .. did they give you a move in date?
As soon as you sign your lease they give you the keys and you can move in immediately

Old 11-30-2015, 04:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,458 times
I signed my lease a few weeks back but when I walked into the unit it was a one bedroom so I'm waiting to see if they can do anything about it since I need 2 bedrooms so I should be hearing from them this week or definitely my next week.. Congrats to everyone who has moved in already.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:00 AM

436 posts, read 497,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi87 View Post
I signed my lease a few weeks back but when I walked into the unit it was a one bedroom so I'm waiting to see if they can do anything about it since I need 2 bedrooms so I should be hearing from them this week or definitely my next week.. Congrats to everyone who has moved in already.
Had you viewed the apt before signing the lease? Was that a mistake from their part?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery