Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 07:35 AM

75 posts, read 119,524 times

Advertisements

@ sammi87....How many family members?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 07:05 PM

197 posts, read 254,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi87 View Post
I signed my lease a few weeks back but when I walked into the unit it was a one bedroom so I'm waiting to see if they can do anything about it since I need 2 bedrooms so I should be hearing from them this week or definitely my next week.. Congrats to everyone who has moved in already.
Oh my well that was some sorta of miscommunication.. How many in your household? You may have fallen into the income for 3 ppl one bedroom.. Stay on top.. I happen to bump into someone while on a interview that informed me that her coworker was denied because when viewing of the apartment she stated that she wanted a 3 bedroom instead of two.. These apartments are already assigned when you are found eligible.. Best of luck to you.. Keep us posted

Old 12-01-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Had you viewed the apt before signing the lease? Was that a mistake from their part?
I was just asking myself the same question. Normally apartments are viewed before signing the lease. When I went to view the apartment they showed me two different two bedroom apartment.. One had an eating counter and the other didn't.. You can't even choose.. They choose it for you.. When I called to inquire about choosing I was informed that apartments are already assigned once found eligible... And that if for whatever reason you aren't given the apartment the person next in line for your apartment is called.. It is a very strict process!

Old 12-02-2015, 05:43 AM

436 posts, read 496,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
I was just asking myself the same question. Normally apartments are viewed before signing the lease. When I went to view the apartment they showed me two different two bedroom apartment.. One had an eating counter and the other didn't.. You can't even choose.. They choose it for you.. When I called to inquire about choosing I was informed that apartments are already assigned once found eligible... And that if for whatever reason you aren't given the apartment the person next in line for your apartment is called.. It is a very strict process!
Wow! Beggars can't be choosers 😩😩 hopefully samm gets what they needs. I haven't received any new information from my case. Last week I called. They told me they'll call me when they have something new to update me with. Haven't received any calls. I hate the waiting game but I'm trying not to think too much of it. Just praying everything goes in my favor! :/

Old 12-02-2015, 08:45 AM

75 posts, read 119,524 times
So whats the whole point of showing you multiple apartment, if you can't choose.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclarke1983 View Post
So whats the whole point of showing you multiple apartment, if you can't choose.
I'm guessing it's so you can have an idea of what the apartment look like.. The two are really the same only difference is one has a counter the other one doesn't..

Old 12-02-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Wow! Beggars can't be choosers 😩😩 hopefully samm gets what they needs. I haven't received any new information from my case. Last week I called. They told me they'll call me when they have something new to update me with. Haven't received any calls. I hate the waiting game but I'm trying not to think too much of it. Just praying everything goes in my favor! :/
The waiting game is the worse. It literally drove me insane because I was constantly checking emails, for calls etc.. I know that once you're credit goes through you are pretty much good to go! Have you checked to see if they ran your credit

Old 12-02-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclarke1983 View Post
Right ?? That's my question too!!

Old 12-02-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
The waiting game is the worse. It literally drove me insane because I was constantly checking emails, for calls etc.. I know that once you're credit goes through you are pretty much good to go! Have you checked to see if they ran your credit
No i check everyday and still nothing ! 😩

Old 12-02-2015, 07:39 PM

42 posts, read 51,716 times
I was called 11/23 saying I was selected for an apartment and I was told to fax over my taxes and pay stubs I did. 11/25 the lady emailed me some more documents to feel out to do my background check and run my credit. The 27th she called me back and said everything checked out , then she emailed me some more documents and scheduled a appointment for me to come in 12/4 to sign some paper work but then I received a call today to come in tomorrow for a interview I'm so nervous, for those of you who had the interview already what questions do they ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery