Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 10:35 PM

436 posts, read 496,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendria View Post
I was called 11/23 saying I was selected for an apartment and I was told to fax over my taxes and pay stubs I did. 11/25 the lady emailed me some more documents to feel out to do my background check and run my credit. The 27th she called me back and said everything checked out , then she emailed me some more documents and scheduled a appointment for me to come in 12/4 to sign some paper work but then I received a call today to come in tomorrow for a interview I'm so nervous, for those of you who had the interview already what questions do they ask?
Wait...so you was selected and wasn't asked to do all the paperwork in person? They didn't ask you to go in to take all the paper work?? Bc the interview is basically just taking in all the papers they need, and signing the employment verification and credit check. It's weird they didn't ask you to go in from the beginning to do all the paperwork and just had you fax everything to them .

I was send an email to go in 11/13 for my interview. I had to take a bunch of paper work and sign the form for employment verification and credit check. They told me after my job and my husband jobs verifies the employment info and they run a credit check they will get back to me to let me know if I still qualify. I haven't received anything from them as of yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 11:10 AM

42 posts, read 51,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
Wait...so you was selected and wasn't asked to do all the paperwork in person? They didn't ask you to go in to take all the paper work?? Bc the interview is basically just taking in all the papers they need, and signing the employment verification and credit check. It's weird they didn't ask you to go in from the beginning to do all the paperwork and just had you fax everything to them .

I was send an email to go in 11/13 for my interview. I had to take a bunch of paper work and sign the form for employment verification and credit check. They told me after my job and my husband jobs verifies the employment info and they run a credit check they will get back to me to let me know if I still qualify. I haven't received anything from them as of yet.
Yea I don't know if it was because of the worker I had she seemed really nice so I'm a little nervous now that she said some one else will be taking over my file. I'm headed to my interview today but I'm so nervous they going to ask me why haven't I been saving money. But just call or send an email to find out what's going on. I'm so nervous and really hope I get this.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Yea I don't know if it was because of the worker I had she seemed really nice so I'm a little nervous now that she said some one else will be taking over my file. I'm headed to my interview today but I'm so nervous they going to ask me why haven't I been saving money. But just call or send an email to find out what's going on. I'm so nervous and really hope I get this.
You'll be fine. The girls are really nice. It wasn't very intimidating. Just distributing the papers and signing papers. You're good!

Old 12-03-2015, 04:00 PM

17 posts, read 34,554 times
I'm finally moved in... I live in the building on Williams Ave. I love the apartment .. My 1year old has her own room which is great... My kitchen is the open one but I love that it has lots of cupboard space and closet space... Only thing so far I can't get any mail until 90% of the building is filled with tenants...

Old 12-03-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinigurlMila View Post
I'm finally moved in... I live in the building on Williams Ave. I love the apartment .. My 1year old has her own room which is great... My kitchen is the open one but I love that it has lots of cupboard space and closet space... Only thing so far I can't get any mail until 90% of the building is filled with tenants...
Wow congrats girl!!!! That is very good news. And thank you for updating us ! I haven't had any luck with news. Waiting for them to run the credit check and do the employment verification. Nothing yet!

Old 12-03-2015, 10:54 PM

Is there anyone on here that had their initial interview November 13? Just curious as to how your process is going. Haven't got any contact with them since. Still waiting on employment verification and credit check. Let me know if you had the interview on the 13 of Nov and if your process is moving along. I'm just desperate for some answer...and hope.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:32 PM

197 posts, read 254,001 times
Was wondering in what form do we get our leases?! I came home to a notice in my mail box from USPS in which it states that I have 2 parcel at the post office.. I was surprised as I haven't changed my previous address..

Old 12-06-2015, 03:25 PM

Yea they probably did it that way to make sure you get it. Can you tell me if it's possible for the city to deny my file if managment approved it already I'm so anxious and can't to see if I get a call saying I can come view the apartment.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:16 PM

197 posts, read 254,001 times
Quote:
Yea they probably did it that way to make sure you get it. Can you tell me if it's possible for the city to deny my file if managment approved it already I'm so anxious and can't to see if I get a call saying I can come view the apartment.
My anxiety was all over the place during this whole process.. The city is the one that have the final say. All though Managament approves it, it can still get denied by the city. HOWEVER, the city is pretty much just giving the final ok.. It's assumed that if management sends your application to them is because everything needed to make you eligible is correct.. The city is more like a second pair of eyes to ensure that management didn't skip anything..

I'm not sure if they are now working different but my process was as follow:

1. Went to Interview (9/30)
2. Employment verification sent to job (11/6)
3. 2nd interview (11/10)
4. Viewed Apartment (11/11)
5. Paper work sent to city for approval (11/12)
6. Received call that I got the apartment (11/17)
7. Signed leased and received my keys (11/20)

How far are you in the process?

Old 12-07-2015, 02:26 PM

1. Got phn call saying I was selected and told to fax over stubs and tax forms b/c they are open from 9to5 and I work those same hours. Also I have CB preference but my log number was in the 22,000's. I read on another forum a lot of ppl were getting denied for Livonia commons. (11/23)

2. The lady handling my file emailed me employment verification form yo sign as well as sign off to authorize a credit check. (11/25)

3. The lady called me saying my credit back came back and it was good and she then emailed me some documents she wanted me to fax (b.c, s.s card, bank statements , w2, notarized letter from my parents, letter from my previous job and and a letter from my school) Also I saw the hard inquiry posted on my credit report . Later in the day she called and asked for me to come in 12/4 for a interview. (11/30)

4. Received a call asking can I come in b4 12/4( I emailed my original worker she stated my file will be going to another worker, ��) (12/2)

5. Went to interview brought in the documents requested and was told by the new lady working on my file that she was going to review my file and then send it to the city, she said if the still find me eligible I should receive a call from them to sign a lease and to make sure I have 2 money orders for $861. (12/3)

So now I'm just waiting to hear something back to come view or sign a lease something uggh, I literally can not sleep but I will call Friday to see what's up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery